Only one autosave slot after the recent hotfix

blash365
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

This might be a design choice, but i did not see it documented anywhere, so i must consider it as a bug.

I created a new base after the first preview patch of the ranging update. Everything went fine and i have 9 autosaves of that base in my autosave folder.

After the hotfix, which changed the world gen again (chlorine geyser, if i recall correctly) was released, i created another base and played for about 3 hours.

Upon checking only one autosave of that base has made it to my folder. It is the most recent one, but it seems that the entire history before that has been lost.

Steps to Reproduce
(* create a new base under the new patch) (* play for at least 9 autosaves in that base) * create another base * play for at least 2 autosaves only the most current autosave should survive this process.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Further info: I just uninstalled/reinstalled the game. First base I made has the full ten save slots, as long as I don't make a new save with a different name. Post-New Save, only one save slot is being used. Judging from the contents of my save folder (screenshot attached), auto-slots 2-10 are not being used any more (but do still exist and are loadable, which wasn't the case post-upgrade but before I reinstalled, as seems to be blash365's experience), and auto-slot 1 is being used to autosave each new cycle.

Edit: I just realised something. The first ten slots weren't working properly from the start, else I wouldn't have cycle 2-10 saved. Saving only to slot 1 must've kicked in from cycle 11 onward.

Screenshot (8).png

Edited by ReLiC71
autoslots 2-10, not 2-9. Derp.

Share this comment

I concur. my save folder looked exactly the same.

After starting a third base ("Spacejunk B"), only the 10th slot (previously "Spacejunk A") was being reused for the third. So the 9 autosave slots from the first base ("Spacejunk" in your screenshot) are not used anymore.

Share this comment

Just an additional thought. Playing while only able to reload 'today' works quite well as a hardcore mode. Would be a cool addition if you're adding extra modes.

Share this comment