[Old bug] Pacu pathfinding issues

Fradow
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

This is an old unfixed bug, that I confirmed still exists after Mergedown. It has been reported multiple times already in legacy vanilla. The best place that sums up all the reports is this thread:

Pacu still have pathfinding issues, as confirmed in this savefile :

Pacu pathfinding bug.sav

1. They become trapped in small amounts of liquids:

1856695641_pacupathfindingtrapped.thumb.png.c165079386bfc3518381f2107978bd4d.png

2. If the small amount of liquid is not at the bottom of the pool, they are intermitently falling:

385435437_pacupathfindingfalling.thumb.png.f487f8e7ce0bcab41944944321c23601.png

3. If you deconstruct tiles in a certain way (downward), they can become trapped in the location of those deconstructed tiles:

787071520_pacupathfindingtilesbefore.thumb.png.1ce9a20b5473d95ddd5fa070fa04d117.png173702133_pacupathfindingtiles.thumb.png.635e084729e2a466c212ba851bc7e639.png

Steps to Reproduce

The provided save file can be loaded to see the 3 issues mentionned.

1. have a small amount of liquid at the bottom of a mixed liquid pool
  2. have a small amount of liquid in a mixed liquid pool that's between a heavier and lighter liquid
  3. deconstruct tiles from top to bottom in a single liquid pool
  • Like 1

User Feedback

P.S.: let us know if you are interested in fixing old bugs or not. If you are, I will continue confirming old bugs. If you don't, I won't pursue that effort.
Having a vague idea of what bugs you are willing to spend time fixing or not would also help us, the community (and more specifically the few people that care deeply about bugs), direct time into reporting only bugs that have a chance of getting fixed, saving time for everyone.

Share this comment

does it matter if they not move? i mean i understand if you feed them and they not move, but all those test images shows that it not need a fix

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

31 minutes ago, Fradow said:

P.S.: let us know if you are interested in fixing old bugs or not. If you are, I will continue confirming old bugs. If you don't, I won't pursue that effort.
Having a vague idea of what bugs you are willing to spend time fixing or not would also help us, the community (and more specifically the few people that care deeply about bugs), direct time into reporting only bugs that have a chance of getting fixed, saving time for everyone.

We definitely want to fix old bugs, especially ones the community is really passionate about. I've been trying to keep a list of these bugs myself so when we have the bandwidth to look at them we can find them quickly. There are a number of simulation related bugs in particular I want to look at. I've saved a copy of your post, which was really helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Known Issue

We definitely want to fix old bugs, especially ones the community is really passionate about. I've been trying to keep a list of these bugs myself so when we have the bandwidth to look at them we can find them quickly. There are a number of simulation related bugs in particular I want to look at. I've saved a copy of your post, which was really helpful.

Thanks for getting back to me. Indeed, the 3 next bugs in my post are sim-related and don't seem like an easy fix from an outside perspective.

I will continue confirming old bugs by descending order of what I feel is important then.

41 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

does it matter if they not move? i mean i understand if you feed them and they not move, but all those test images shows that it not need a fix

Yes it does matter. Stuck Pacus cannot reach the Fish Feeder, and thus cannot be fed, which prevents taming wild Pacus and growing the population of already tamed Pacus.

• Like 1

Share this comment