[oil_upgrade_preview] Exosuit causing crash

Lyndsay
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

When an Exosuit dock loses access to oxygen, the dupes still try and go through but get stuck at the checkpoint. The dupes eventually suffocate. 
If you interfere in any way (such as deconstruct the checkpoint) then the game crashes.

I have managed to reproduce this issue many times.

Reproduction steps:
1. Create an Exosuit dock and checkpoint
2. Connect oxygen
3. Disconnect oxygen
4. Send dupe through checkpoint
5. Once dupe is stuck:
   5.1 dupe suffocates if left alone
   5.2 game crashes if checkpoint is deconstructed

A potential issue here is a seg-fault occurring due the an infinite loop being exited in an unexpected way. The reason for the infinite loop would probably have something to do with the availability of oxygen.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Create an Exosuit dock and checkpoint 2. Connect oxygen 3. Disconnect oxygen 4. Send dupe through checkpoint 5. Once dupe is stuck:    5.1 dupe suffocates if left alone    5.2 game crashes if checkpoint is deconstructed

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm I've had multiple crashes when setting up exosuit docks/checkpoints. At first, I was using one checkpoint per dock (directly next to each other), instead of having one checkpoint with multiple docks.

I thought the crashing had to do with the incorrect placements, but it may possibly have just been due to the disconnecting of oxygen pipes. I'll test again myself, but you may be correct in the oxygen assumption.

Edited by Gravityx

Share this comment