OI--234177 - Mealwood eating CO2, Bug or feature?

Rynjathyn
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

I have noticed that my Mealwood plants are eating my CO2, is this as intended?

Personally I think plants should "breath" the CO2, but not sure if that is the best for game balance, since it almost eliminates the need for carbon skimmers.

Steps to Reproduce
Growing mealwood in planters, by ~20 cycles there is a significant decrease of CO2 that can't be explained by dupes walking in and out of room (pumping escaped gas back into the farm room.) By the time ~50 cycles pass (with ~30 plants) by I have gone from ~650g of CO2 to <150g of CO2.

User Feedback

Only has 3 floors of Mealwood, rectangular in shape, sandstone floors for the planter boxes, 1 tile of sandstone walls, no insulation, 1 garnet ration box, 1 high pressure vent (Iron), gas pipe (igneous rock) going through top wall, and 2 sand stone ladders. That's it, nothing else is in the room. Oh ya, manual lock on the top (Iron) gas pump in the other room is 2  tiles from the airlock.

Edited by Rynjathyn

Share this comment

It does appear to be that the airlock was destroying a fair portion of the CO2; although it still seems strange that with 7 duplicates (1 a mouth breather) I'm still so low on Co2 without a carbon skimmer and have seen very little CO2 growth @ 90 cycles.

At cycle ~30 I was at ~250g of CO2, now at cycle 90 @ ~290g. This is without generating any other CO2 outside of the 7 dupes (I did return to the airlock save after testing the water lock.)

Just so you can guys can look at the #s I saw.. but if it's working as intended.. then I suppose all is good. Thanks for reviewing it.

ONI Capture CO2 92Cycles.JPG

Share this comment