OI-233814 Liquids do not break through tiles anymore

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Liquid breaking through tiles does not happen - bug or feature?

59c420f1ae419_newbug.png.047800db8dc36ecb70e4283356be8161.png

Rocky Spacestation.sav

Steps to Reproduce
load save and wait

User Feedback

The mass and strength of the materials affect when they will break. If you look at the piece of slime in the top right of your image, it has lower mass and is taking damage but the algae at the bottom of the ladder is higher mass and will not.

Share this comment

I am not sure if I understand that correctly, but until last version one tile of algae would never withstand the pressure of 7 tiles of liquid above it.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Cheerio said:

The mass and strength of the materials affect when they will break. If you look at the piece of slime in the top right of your image, it has lower mass and is taking damage but the algae at the bottom of the ladder is higher mass and will not.

I am having the same issue with 4 single high tiles 2 sandstone, 1 algae and 1 dirt in that order from left to right. I also have some damage showing in areas but the tiles never seem to progress or break, maybe it stopped working part way through

Share this comment

In algae_mass.png

In this image, there is the same amount of water above each algae tile but each algae tile has a different amount of mass. The far right one will never break because it has 1000kg of mass but the others will eventually break because they have less mass(75kg/100kg/125kg). 

• Like 1

Share this comment

8 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I am having the same issue with 4 single high tiles 2 sandstone, 1 algae and 1 dirt in that order from left to right. I also have some damage showing in areas but the tiles never seem to progress or break, maybe it stopped working part way through

I'll take your save file to see what you mean.

Share this comment