Odd temperature pattern in cooling loop

nvzboy
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I am noticing a strange phenomenon in my chlorine liquifying setup. I came about this oddity after noticing that the liquid had started boiling, initially my hypothesis was that too much hot chlorine was being fed into the room so I closed off the supply and let it be for a couple of cycles. However, even with no more feeding the temperature in this insulated room was not dropping. I then noticed a strange pattern in the hydrogen cooling loop. All the chlorine in the room is at around the same temperature of -21,5 give or take half a degree. However, at some point in the loop the temperature of the hydrogen suddenly jumps by several degrees in spite of the pipe being submerged in chlorine that is much cooler which breaks the laws of thermodynamics. I have provided screenshots of various positions in the cooling loop and a save file.

5b21b71753123_State6.thumb.png.40c5eeca9b3b50a23bdb1fb4736659a4.png

Attempts to fix/understand this issue:

Rebuild the hydrogen pipes, swapping materials and to regular ventilation ducts instead of radiant ones -> no effect.

Remove the not-gate sticking through the insulating tile -> no effect.

Painted vacuum in the room using the sandbox-mode -> pattern still manifests, there is heat being exchanged with a vacuum which isn't possible.

State 1.png

State 2.png

State 3.png

State 4.png

State 5.png

Contagious Dump.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I have not managed to reproduce the circumstances in another instance yet. Loading the save file will have the bug occur. The setup worked as intended before downloading the latest patch.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Known Issue

Changed Redmine to https://redmine.klei.com/issues/3612

That's very peculiar! Thanks for the save file, we appreciate it!

Share this comment