Occupational: Scalding permanent? Thermo Aquatuner useless?

signalstation
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Not sure if this was an issue before, but in the current build, we had some duplicants suffer scalding from a steam geyser. They reacted with an animation of clutching their arm/stomach and grimacing while moving more slowly. We sent them to the med bay until their health was 100/100. They left the med bay on their own. However, they continued to exhibit the "scalded" animation and slow movement. This continued for at least a couple of cycles so far.

Related: the thermo aquatuner seems very useless? We tried using it to cool water and it quickly suffered overheat damage and broke, even when made of gold or wolframite. This must be a bug? Otherwise if this device only has one job, to cool water, and it's incapable of dealing with hot water, then why is it in the game?

Hope this is helpful. We love the game.

Steps to Reproduce
Normal play: duplicants went into steam geyser area & became scalded

User Feedback

I can confirm that (sometimes?) dupes keep debuffs and animation after healing.

For aquatuner - you need to cool it as it will only transfer heat to outside, not delete heat. Submerge it in a liquid and/or use tempshift plates.

Edited by Master Miner

Share this comment

I can also confirm that I saw a duplicant with the severe wounds animation (? ie, the duplicant was holding their arm) but was at 100% health. It does clear after a while, maybe a reload? Will update if I find out more, but I try not intentionally hurting my duplicants :)

Share this comment