Nosh Beans aren't classified as Cooking Ingredients

outseeker
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Sorry to bother you with this, but the Nosh Bean for some reason isn't being treated the same as Sleet Wheat Grain when it comes to allowed storage.

Even though they're both seeds, which will turn into rot if improperly stored, and they're both ingredients for their respective foodstuffs which can't be eaten directly, for some reason Nosh Beans can't be stored in a refrigerator.

Nosh Beans appear only in the Seeds category of non-refrigerated storage, and simply don't exist according to a fridge storage filter. They should appear as a Cooking Ingredient, but they don't.

There was a mod I used to use to fix this but it was broken by one or more updates over the months/years- could you please add Nosh Beans to the Cooking Ingredients category of fridges in the base game if you get a moment? or maybe find out what's incorrectly disqualifying it from being stored in a fridge? I can't imagine this was an intentional design choice on your part, though I await your reply with much interest.

Ty luv u <3

Steps to Reproduce

1. Uncover a Nosh Bean by digging the world tiles out

2. Fail to notice the Nosh Bean and continue playing

3. Notice a popup that food has spoiled

4. See it's a rotten nosh bean, click the fridge and ask yourself why the Nosh Bean isn't stored in there

5. Look at the Schedule to see how much of a day you just wasted, and if it's worth quitting without saving to restore your (now 1% freshness) bean lol

It's impossible to have stored the Nosh Bean in the fridge, as it isn't an accepted/listed item. Pls fix me if you can find the time :>

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

In addition to that, while Pacus can eat Sleet Wheat, they cannot eat Nosh Beans either, despite both being seemingly the same (seeds + cooking ingredient). If the classification for the refrigerator is fixed, it would be nice to fix the classification for Pacus as well!

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

*Note: Starting Asteroid is Rime, if it matters. I've been playing only Rime for a while now since I like the cold :)

Share this comment

I tried looking at the dll(s) myself to find exactly what needs changing but I actually couldn't find a list of stuff that goes in a fridge :<

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

20 hours ago, outseeker said:

I tried looking at the dll(s) myself to find exactly what needs changing but I actually couldn't find a list of stuff that goes in a fridge :<

There is probably some data file where you need to add a tag for the item.

• Like 1

Share this comment