No Sound

Zukaroo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello, ever since I've switched over to my new laptop, the sound on ONI has been being pretty weird. I tried to open it but it gave me the message saying that there was a problem with the audio drivers. I immediately started checking everything I could, I tried updating my drivers, reinstalling them, checking if it was my headphones, volume mixer, in-game settings, but the only solution I found was restarting my laptop. After I restarted my laptop, it worked again, then after I would go play a different game to take a break and came back to it, the problem happened again. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce
I was fixing my audio for a different game around the time it happened, I deleted "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)" from my audio devices, I had already checked online and it seemed it was fine to do that. Now the sound only works when I first restart my laptop and not play any other games.

User Feedback

Could you please try switching to the audio_logging_enabled branch, launch the game, and then go to your OxygenNotIncluded.exe folder and look for a file called fmod.log and upload it to this post?

Share this comment

I am having similar sounding issue w/ Fmod failures in this and Graveyard Keeper.  In case it helps, including lines from Graveyard Keeper concerning fmod failure, and attaching the requested fmod.log for Oxygen Not Included.

Below are specs for my system.  I've disabled all audio devices except Realtek High Definition.

Specs:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model    GL503VD
System Type    x64-based PC  
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    10.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory    18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory    10.6 GB

Sound devices

Name    Intel(R) Display Audio
Manufacturer    Intel(R) Corporation
Status    Error
PNP Device ID    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&244B0415&0&0201
Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys (10.22.1.100, 806.00 KB (825,344 bytes), 8/29/2017 02:17)

Name    Realtek High Definition Audio
Manufacturer    Realtek
Status    OK
PNP Device ID    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_10431BB0&REV_1000\4&244B0415&0&0001
Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.8186, 5.56 MB (5,826,560 bytes), 8/18/2018 17:14)

Name    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Manufacturer    NVIDIA
Status    Error
PNP Device ID    ROOT\UNNAMED_DEVICE\0000
Driver    c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvvad64v.sys (4.2.2.0, 49.44 KB (50,624 bytes), 3/25/2018 12:42)

FMOD failed to initialize. This may be because your sound card is configured to give applications exclusive access, thus preventing Unity from using this device. You can change this in Control Panel > Audio Devices and Sound Themes > Playback Device > Properties > Options ... : "Soundcard does not support the minimum features needed for this soundsystem (16bit stereo output). " (59)

(Filename:  Line: 1414)

Forced to initialize FMOD to to the device driver's system output rate 48000, this may impact performance and/or give inconsistent experiences compared to selected sample rate 48000

(Filename:  Line: 1356)

FMOD failed to initialize. This may be because your sound card is configured to give applications exclusive access, thus preventing Unity from using this device. You can change this in Control Panel > Audio Devices and Sound Themes > Playback Device > Properties > Options ... : "Soundcard does not support the minimum features needed for this soundsystem (16bit stereo output). " (59)

(Filename:  Line: 1414)

FMOD failed to initialize any audio devices, running on emulated software output with no sound. Please check your audio drivers and/or hardware for malfunction.
fmod.log

output_log.txt

Share this comment

Hey folks, could you try this:

1. Right click the speaker next to your clock in the bottom right.
  2. Select 'Playback Devices'
  3. Select your Default Device (the device with the green checkmark) and hit 'Properties'
  4. If that that window has a "Supported Formats" tab, please take a screenshot of it and upload it for us here.
    • If 48.0 kHz is in this list but is disabled, please enable it.
  5. Select the 'Advanced' tab.
  6. If 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device' is checked, uncheck it.
  7. Set your Default Format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

Then open up the audio logging branch and let us know if that changed anything.

Share this comment

Thanks for responding, Jambell.

Happily enough, sound is working again!  Guess it was the latest build?  Didn't have to change any settings.

EU-277697 is the build I'm running.

Share this comment