No Audio on Startup

AlchemistCrow
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I do not know what caused this, but whenever I startup the game, no sound is produced from it. I have tried it with headphones and without, tried reinstalling the game and restarting my computer, but nothing seems to be working. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce
Just started up the game. Last time I had played it was only a week ago, and there was sound then, but it is no longer working, be it on the title screen or in game.

User Feedback

My audio used to work a while back also. It seems that the game now needs administrator permissions for the audio to work. I use a personal account for everything, and I lock down permissions from an admin account. To get the audio in the game to work I just modify the game properties to run as admin.

Share this comment

Hey @AlchemistCrow,

Nothing jumps out at me in the dxdiag... sometimes there are issues with certain devices being set as Default Audio Device but your setup is pretty uncomplicated.

Sometimes updating audio drivers fixes this. Could you try that out and see?

Share this comment

Hi there, looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.  Out of the box I also have no sound.  All of my other games have sound.  I only have one sound device enabled: the on-board audio jack, which I have my headphones plugged into.  My computer is pretty new.  I just built it in March. I installed the newest sound drivers for my motherboard, and still nothing.  lt me know if there's anything else you need, or if there are any ideas I can try.

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

@jambell Just in case you missed this, I'm having a very similar issue.  Unable to get sound in the game no matter what I try.  I posted my dxdiag.txt, and I have the newest drivers and such installed.  I can only assume that the root problem isn't my system, since no other games give me this problem.

Share this comment

I also have this problem.  My setting start at 0 for music, special fx, etc. but if I try to change settings it reverts back to 0.  My DxDiag is attached.  I do not have this problem with other games or watching youtube videos.  I have also tried to set my audio device to run at 16 bit 48k as I saw this as a fix from other posts.

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

Hey @LightSear,

The most common reason we see this issue nowadays is third party audio software interfering with FMOD, our audio middleware. If you have Nahimic or any other third party audio software installed, you can try uninstalling that and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Share this comment

Hey @jambell

Thanks for your thoughts.  I had AW Sound Center, but I uninstalled it a couple of months ago because I thought it was interfering with the game.  It is currently not displayed as an installed software so I am confident it is not installed.  I do not have Nahimic.  I looked online for other typical third party audio software that may be installed that I don't know about, but it doesn't seem I have any other third party audio software.  Do you know of any other software I could check?

I opened task manager and the only program running that seems to relate to audio is "HD Audio Background Process".  Is there software associated with this process that I should uninstall?

Edited by LightSear

Share this comment