New problems with asteroid picker menu (was working fine before)

marsnz
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

when trying to select a different "world" i am having to click several times and in some cases quite a bit, to pick a different world. I attached a video so you can see. When you click one of the asteroid images in the selection scroller it gets "stuck" and just randomizes the seed instead. Please see video 2019-07-26_19-32-21.mp4

Steps to Reproduce
Try to create a new world, do nothing else but click a new asteroid, move forward and backward through the menu trying to advance to the next asteroid type. You will need to click many times and you will see the seed counter increments when the asteroid is clicked instead of switching to it.

User Feedback

9 hours ago, krop said:

Likely related to

I do think the visuals are lacking but as you can clearly see in the video the clicking is just re-rolling stats on the planet and the multiple times clicking causing the mouse to slightly go to the side more where the area for switching to a another world is. So my guess why you think it was working fine before is because you used to click more to the right or the left instead of close to the current selected world. This has been the same since LU became public testing. This in turn makes the visuals post even more needed.

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Ricknl said:

I do think the visuals are lacking but as you can clearly see in the video the clicking is just re-rolling stats on the planet and the multiple times clicking causing the mouse to slightly go to the side more where the area for switching to a another world is. So my guess why you think it was working fine before is because you used to click more to the right or the left instead of close to the current selected world. This has been the same since LU became public testing. This in turn makes the visuals post even more needed.

Well, it always behaved like that for me. only clicking on the right part of the next asteroid selects it (or left part to select the previous one)

Edited by krop

Share this comment

Looks fixed with today's patch. There are now arrows and clicking on an asteroid also selects it regardless of the pointer position

Share this comment

Yeah it looks like they fixed it, its working like it was before  ^_^
I can now click the asteroids and it correctly switches to them with a single click. resolved in build LU-355817.

Edited by marsnz

Share this comment