New Emergency !! Priority not working as expected -duplicants die

Cattrina
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I want something built urgently, make it urgent with !! priority. The duplicants run about in panic, do everything ELSE except build the !! thing, forget even to go breath, so they die suffocating.

I want the !! priority to exceed everything else. Now the dupes only do 'emergency' stuff. We have the emergency button for that. !! should only affect on the dupes doing that particular job. In this case builders. Why does my cook have to panic?

Steps to Reproduce
Just make something !! priority when you have low oxygen in your habitat

User Feedback

I was building a steam turbine in dab conditions. I think duplicant stress and low oxygen were major factors, but still !! should be built regardless. I do not know if I have that save any more, it was several cycles ago, let me check

Yeah it has been saved over. However I think I am able to re-create the conditions. But it is my bedtime, so I´ll get back to you tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I'm encountering the issue that I can't toggle it off. The game still "remembers" that it was emergency priority before and keeps going into emergency after people use the out house :D

I think it goes away when I reload.

Share this comment

This has cropped up on several things so far. 1st time I used it, to break a wall with dupes trapped inside, was ok (or I didn't notice if it wasn't). 2nd time (a RT day later) I accidentally "emergency" wrangled a dreko and the dupes all freaked out, not just the Rancher and ran around like mad doing the top priority tasks. 3rd time, today, (feeding coal generators because they just f**king would NOT feed the coal generators even though I had 7 tons of coal and they were a priority 9 task) the entire colony ran around doing EVERYTHING at emergency, not just the emergency task or priority 9 tasks. Progressive bug?

• Like 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, maloki said:

I'm encountering the issue that I can't toggle it off. The game still "remembers" that it was emergency priority before and keeps going into emergency after people use the out house :D

I think it goes away when I reload.

Yeah you need to change the !! back to something else after they are done. Then you can use the emergency button to toggle it off

Ok this is not EXACTLY what happened with the steam turbine, but it bothers me dupes start dying like flies when you turn the !! on and oxygen is low

AN EXAMPLE OF DUPE DEATH IN !! + LOW OXYGEN CONDITIONS @Ipsquiggle

In this case the oxygen electrolyzers were broken and I issued an !! emergency to fix them, as oxygen was low...well 4 dead dupes in less than a minute

2032.sav

the death count and issue location

Serene Space Hut I.sav  

the conditions before !! emergency

SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS

1) dupes still need to either don atmosuits or go to breath every now and then, I suggest donning atmosuit as part of the emergency situation (if available)

2) only relevant dupe to the task should go in emergency mode, I do not need my cook to die bc I needed something built

3) the !! priority should automatically turn into a 9 when the task is done and the emergency need to end automatically after all !!s are handled

ALSO I need picking up your fallen mate to be automatically the most important task, which should be done by the dupe who is closest. It is so heartbreaking seeing dupes picking up debris when their mate is dying right there 4 squares away...

The turbine I mentioned earlier is the one down at the bottom. They built is nicely after the power was restored and the atmosuits got oxygen again. So I guess it was the atmo suit checking point that prevented them going in.

Edited by Cattrina

Share this comment