New Duplicant suddenly appeared from surface?

boingomw
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I honestly don't even know how to search for this to see if its already submitted or a known thing.  No combo of "new" or "extra" and "duplicant" show anything helpful.

So... I'm on day 286.  I have had the printer disabled since about day 80, and have been steady with 12 duplicants.  This morning, "Leira" is coming down from the surface with a sore back, moving really slowly in an Exosuit.  For some reason she has -7 athletics.  Huh.  Everyone is a certified Exosuit Engineer...

I don't have a Leira.

I HAD 12 Duplicants, but now... I have 13.

WTF

I re-ran the day before the appearance (day 285) from the save, and Leira didn't show up.  I've no idea what happened.

door-delete Cycle 285.sav

door-delete Cycle 286.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I had reached a big building on the surface, and was playing around with glass and clay creation. Nothing else out of the ordinary. Again, the Printer has been disabled for a LONG time, so even clicking on it wouldn't create a dup. I may have been messing around with assigning clothing, but I don't remember for sure.

User Feedback

2 hours ago, thewreckedangle said:

do you have debug enabled?

no?  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, honestly I was just putting it here so if someone else sees this, they can maybe look more specifically for an issue.

I HAD enabled debug in the past but not lately.  There was a really annoying security door giving me constant overheat messages that I couldn't cool down, and couldn't destroy.

Share this comment

20 hours ago, thewreckedangle said:

if you have debug enabled (ie. the file is in your folder) is it possible you accidentally spawned a dupe? (ctrl+f2 iirc)

Do spawned dupes come in wearing an exosuit? Also, her real name is mary poppins

Share this comment

Just had the same issue. 

A new dupe appeared, not sure from where. 

Only notices his existence as he begun scalding without an exo suite. Dup count jumped from 13 to 14.

100% sure did not pick him from pod.

I have debug enabled, but to spawn a dup I had to have pressed Ctrl+Cmd+F2 (Mac), which is highly unlikely as I have never used any shortcut with two modifiers, though I do user F2 a lot.

I can't say for sure if it was my own fault or not :(

Share this comment