my game won't open

manotroll
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I command the game to open it appears in the task manager using / - 2,700Kb of ram and nothing else happens
on the virtual machine is running normally

Sem título.png

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce

just run the game

User Feedback

already tried all these tips and did not solve

is there no way to start a log from the program's command line?

Edited by manotroll

Share this comment

I'll take a look at the dmp file, but I'd also recommend making sure your graphics drivers are updated.  That has been a fix for some users in a similar situation, particularly for AMD cards. Let us know if that works - thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 5/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, fatheroctopus said:

I'll take a look at the dmp file, but I'd also recommend making sure your graphics drivers are updated.  That has been a fix for some users in a similar situation, particularly for AMD cards. Let us know if that works - thanks!

no news ?
can't enable vulkan or opengl on windows?
my video card and an rx480
r7 2700x
32gb ram

Share this comment

Hi, no additional news - it still does appear to be a driver issue, as the game is failing very early on in the process. A few questions and ideas:

• Are other games on Steam working when you try to run them?
  • Have you successfully run ONI before on this machine?
  • Have you ensured that any and all programs that may interfere with Steam/ONI have been closed before running the game? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289
  • If you have any third-party graphics software such as ASUS Tweak, RIVATUNER or MSI Afterburner, etc running in the background, try disabling them before launching the game to see if that resolves the issue
  • Be sure that you are updated to the latest version of Windows10. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027667/windows-10-update
  • Double-check that your graphics drivers are up-to-date, especially if Windows has updated

Share this comment

2 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

Hi, no additional news - it still does appear to be a driver issue, as the game is failing very early on in the process. A few questions and ideas:

• Are other games on Steam working when you try to run them?
  • Have you successfully run ONI before on this machine?
  • Have you ensured that any and all programs that may interfere with Steam/ONI have been closed before running the game? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289
  • If you have any third-party graphics software such as ASUS Tweak, RIVATUNER or MSI Afterburner, etc running in the background, try disabling them before launching the game to see if that resolves the issue
  • Be sure that you are updated to the latest version of Windows10. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027667/windows-10-update
  • Double-check that your graphics drivers are up-to-date, especially if Windows has updated
other games work normally
never run only on virtual machine
even removing the aforementioned programs nothing to open
yes it's updated
winver 1909 
couldn't you compile a vulkan and opengl executable?
after all, it's just a simple option in unity and you can add it as a beta
or in an executable that allows changes in the way the program runs
using the process explorer is giving more information I will put them below

take a look at these files if possible
91myspc.png

enviar.7z

Edited by manotroll

Share this comment

and finally I managed to open the game
delete the file UnityCrashHandler64.exe
and ready now open to see if I can use the save game now
you can suggest this temporary solution

Share this comment

2 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

Interesting! What prompted you to try to deleting that file?

using the process explorer he showed that the file was paused so i downloaded a newer version on the web and he complained about the exe version of the game so i deleted it then the game got though in the log it looks like this
Player.log

Mono path[0] = 'E:/programas/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'E:/programas/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
PlayerConnection initialized from E:/programas/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data (debug = 0)
PlayerConnection initialized network socket : 0.0.0.0 55015
Multi-casting "[IP] 192.168.1.3 [Port] 55015 [Flags] 2 [Guid] 4054811986 [EditorId] 0 [Version] 1048832 [Id] WindowsPlayer(manotroll) [Debug] 0 [PackageName] WindowsPlayer" to [225.0.0.222:54997]...
Started listening to [0.0.0.0:55015]
PlayerConnection already initialized - listening to [0.0.0.0:55015]
Invalid serialized file version. File: "E:/programas/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/globalgamemanagers". Expected version: 2019.1.14f1. Actual version: 2018.4.14f1.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 1367)

Unknown error occurred while loading 'E:/programas/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/globalgamemanagers'.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializedFile.cpp Line: 221)

Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatchingeditor and platform support versions.
PlayerInitEngineNoGraphics settings: Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatchingeditor and platform support versions.

see that he complains more, which is important
same thing in output_log.txt
so there is still some problem running as I said above
and so good to run on the real machine the game runs more smoothly

output_log.txt

Share this comment