Mouse Pointer Moves on its Own

PreliatorMax
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Just launched the game today and encountered an issue shown in the link below:

https://imgur.com/a/oR5PJNN

No matter where I move the pointer, it always moves up. The issue does not occur when ONI is closed, although it lingers a bit when Steam is slowly closing the game.

Unplugging/replugging the mouse and removing all mods and save files didn't help. The mouse works fine when playing other games. Launching the game by running OxygenNotIncluded.exe results in an "Another instance is already running" error even though the game does not appear in Windows Task Manager.

Steps to Reproduce
Just launch Oxygen Not Included.

User Feedback

Do you run the game in normale fullscreen, or in window-mode via steam start parameter or a third party program?

Do you use a multi monitor setup?

Does your mouse have a manufacturer software for settings (for example lighing or keybinds)?

Did you try to unplug every other USB-device like keyboard, webcam...? (there may be errors with other devices)

Have you tested another mouse?

Share this comment

To the devs: please disregard this bug thread as the mouse pointer is properly moving now both when launched and in-game. I don't know if this is related but I launched it today after updating Steam.

@SharraShimada For anyone who might encounter the issue in the future, I'll try to answer your questions:

1. It's on windowed mode on 1360x768 with "-popupWindow" launch parameter. Removed the parameter to see if it helps but can't change to full screen and the resolution because of the mouse issue.

2. Single monitor

3. Just a typical plug-and-play USB mouse.

4. No, but if it's a device issue then the mouse shouldn't work normally when I alt-tabbed from ONI.

5. No.

Edited by PreliatorMax
to reply to SharraShimada

Share this comment