Missing Mod Build Items in Menu

Tim M
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

After the update posted today, I can confirm any mod building items have disappeared. The mod is indeed installed, and active. Before the update this morning they were they. After the latest update today they are no longer there. The mods are still active though as I can see the items in the world itself. 

For example, using the https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2054432034 Insulated Door mod, the buildables no longer show up in the build menu.

Steps to Reproduce

Load the mod above.

Load a game or save file.

Research to get the level to show the build menu for that item. 

The item does not show up in the build menu.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Closed

Mods using our supported ModUtil.AddBuildingToPlanScreen to add buildings are unaffected. This mod is not using that method and needs to be updated by the author.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Mods using our supported ModUtil.AddBuildingToPlanScreen to add buildings are unaffected.

It would be nice if the supported method had an optional parameter to insert buildings after a specific building ID.

Many modders choose not to use the officially provided method because they wanted to place their building near another one in the list.

• Like 3

Share this comment

Could also be handy to tell people or put it in the release notes. The latest development version prior to this one fixed problems with mods like buildable naturale tile to break it the next live version, i understand the need to keep using standards and that Klei is unable to change the game for every mod every time, that said why doesn't it work now anymore? And why do mods load but the added buildings are not there?(i do not see any errors in the logs when the mods are loaded also)

Share this comment

On 2/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, RomenH said:

It would be nice if the supported method had an optional parameter to insert buildings after a specific building ID.

Many modders choose not to use the officially provided method because they wanted to place their building near another one in the list.

We definitely appreciate feedback like this. I've added support for this in ModUtil and will mention it in the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment