mining duplicates the gas next to it

Muggins
  • Pending

When mining from a tile of CO2, more CO2 will be generated to fill the space of the destroyed block.

When mining from a tile of O2, more O2 will be generated to fill the space of the destroyed block.

I have placed Algae plants next to future mining zones just to avoid a massive increase in CO2.

Perhaps a neutral gas or even a vacuum should be created instead of duplicating the adjacent gases.

Steps to Reproduce
mine up from an area of dense O2 and then later from dense CO2 and see the results.

User Feedback

I can't reproduce this.  While digging a block as a test, right before the block broke, there were 1640g of oxygen in the adjacent area.  right after the block broke, there were 1440g (and falling) in the adjacent area and 200g (and rising) in the newly cleared area.  Digging more blocks and carefully observing the gas gives similar results.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I took a look at this. It appears to me that mining a tile creates a vacuum, as it should. If you pause the game the split second after a tile is mined and check the gas in that spot, you will see it is very low pressure. Also remember that when dupes are standing in one spot mining, they're breathing out CO2, which when you have 3 or 4 dupes standing together will create a big pocket of CO2.

Share this comment