Meteors detroy all the surface biome

SamLogan
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello,

Since Expressive Upgrade, meteors rain begin when you only discover a space tile without create a breach. Also, meteors totally destroy all the biomes under the surface. I lost 8 biomes in Expressive Upgrade, and I'm going to revive this with this upgrade.

explobiome.thumb.png.132acd16260992462ebf02d251daa334.png

See how deep meteors go in my asteroid. Next biome, it's my starting biome.

Dystopie 2.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Discover the surface without make a breach.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Not a bug IMO. This whole game is about fixing one life-threatening problem after another under time pressure and with little advance warning. The meteors fit right in there and I think they are done well.

Incidentally, meteors begin at the start of the game. I think somebody narrowed it down to cycle 6 or so.

Share this comment

How many cycles in the game are you? I also started with steel reallylate, so I also get the very hot areas almost destroyed by the meteors  one and a half biome to my base now, and half of what's left above is evaporating. Most of my bunker tile belt is complete now but I'm never gonna manage to cool it down any more. And I got a geyser and a setpiece above where I decided to build my bunker belt (but it was a CO2 one, however I was just in time to save a very nice high output cool steam gayser, heh :) ).

Edited by riwenna

Share this comment

As far as I know meteor showers should start when you discover the surface... at least thats what the devs posted in a update note...

And I checked all update notes which are newer then 272945 for the word "meteor" and I found nothing regarding the start of meteorshowers. So I guess if your asteroid gets destroyed before you were at the surface or near the surface it could be considered a bug. But to be honest I don't know which behavior is intentional at the moment.

Edited by _midnightrain_
spelling and grammar

Share this comment

Quite a few people have observed this. It may be a bug, but if so it is a systematic one. I would prefer the "once you have discovered the surface" behavior, but that is not what can be observed.

Share this comment

I hesitate to even update for fear of this effect. I have no desire to find the surface an ashen heap. thanks but no thanks. I'll stay happily in CU, tyvm.

Share this comment