Long pauses whenever liquid pipes are created/destroyed. Save unplayable.

Dogwelder
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm experiencing severe performance issues whenever I create or destroy a liquid pipe in this save, presumably from recalculating liquid flow or something similar. Forgive the poor pipe layout, but I deleted every pipe in my base and tried laying them out differently to see if it helped.

Originally I had pipes flowing in a straight line through several inputs/output (ie, a horizontal line through the hydroponics tiles). I tried changing this so that every liquid input/output had its own unique feed from a master pipe, but if anything this made it worse. The farm tiles in particular are when this started to become unplayable.

Performance was fine after I deleted all the pipes, and gradually got worse as I placed them back down again.

Windows 10, GTX 1070, i7 7700K.

The Cool Dump Cycle 168.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load save, add or remove some pipes to the network.

User Feedback

Worth mentioning that this is the first time I've tried using the liquid storage containers, which could be related. I'm going to try to replace them with traditional tanks and pumps and see if it helps.

Share this comment

Yeah but maybe don't recompute the entire network every time a pipe segment is added or removed? I'm OK if a new segment is idle/nonfunctional for a while, if that means my dupes can change a few hundred segments in a cycle and i can actually continue using the game in the meantime.

Share this comment