Locked in Colonist won't eat available food

Locus Control
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Currently, I can't get a duplicant locked in a work sector to eat, despite having access to refrigerated food and a dedicated and assigned mess table.  They refuse even to death.  If I unlock their door they will promptly pick up food from that fridge and eat at that table.  I've had this occur before locking in a quarantine patient (before I found out that is automatic with proper lodgings).

Food.png

Steps to Reproduce
Lock duplicant in room with access to food and mess table. Duplicant shows up as "Unreachable Food"
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Duplicants SOMEHOW fail to register food, ive got like 6 dups that do same and i have to manually drop food from ration boxes.

Share this comment

I confirm this bug. No need to set access or such a thing. Let's say you set your exosuit gate, so who couldn't get suit or sick, working inside-base, etc. gets this "unreachable food" state. Save and Load helps, but time to time it happens.

Share this comment

I think its caused by food on the ground getting a much higher priority flag and the dupe trying to path to outside ground food before taking food from bin, hence the food nearby hits the ground, its priority goes up.  I'm probably using the wrong words but this is what it looks like.  They are trying to use any ground food before using container food hence why the above fixes work. Your switching it back to ground food, use first

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment