Liquid temp sensor not reacting

OxCD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

It seems that liquid temp sensor, in my case at least, is not changing is status as expected.

image.thumb.png.472ca91bedd4bdf556f76375edbdb65c.png

image.thumb.png.d127f2e8ddc17855267a9548467dd8ee.png

image.thumb.png.ec65bc72066f3e591c7ee92e50ceb2da.png

image.png.fe9aea8f8cf46258a6975a133ef4e64b.png

image.png.01befe1dd5a627e2df6e39f94db65130.png

OxCD's Factory.sav

Undepending if I select above or below, the sensor doesn't switch its status. If you're wondering, game has been un-paused while testing :) I was even playing when trying to force manually the sensor to turn off the shut-off, but couldn't succeed.

Save joined !

Steps to Reproduce
Load my save, or try to reach as nearly as possible the set temp into a sensor. Maybe...

User Feedback

@SharraShimada For the game, here, there's a pipe. There are always a pipe at the green arrow and at the white arrow. The "bridge only" section is between those arrows. And it worked before !

I've unsconstructed the sensor, I've rebuild it, and it works as expected.

Sorry but I keep thinking it's a bug :)

Share this comment

Yes of course its a bug. This happens all the time with bridges. And on reload your sensor may break again. So there is currently only one safe solution: dont build bridges and sensors in the same spot.

• Like 1

Share this comment

@SharraShimada Ah I get it, it's a workaround. Thanks for this precision ;)

This bug is annoying because I really like to use bridge before/after each input/output arrow for machine, to keep a total control over the flow. But when using an element sensor with a shut-off, the sensor has to be the tile just before the shut-off. So this bug is incompatible with my approach... erk. Pleeeease, Kleeeeei :)

Share this comment

Sure, its a workaround, to give you a "solution" that works for the moment. Its no use to wait for a fix that may come or not, while you are playing.

Share this comment

They'll also pretty much never work on a bridge input port if the liquid is flowing, even if the bug here for the output side is fixed. Bridge inputs pull the fluid out of the pipe before the sensor gets a chance to trigger on it(and that behavior is actually extremely useful, please don't change it!)

Share this comment

This seems to affect all types of temperature sensors--liquid, conveyor, and gas (not verified gas myself, but definitely the former two). It's a very annoying bug. If I had to guess, the temperature is evaluated the same tick the liquid is teleported by the bridge, so it's not sensing a liquid since it's not there yet.

Edited by FinalDoom

Share this comment