Liquid in Space - Tempshift Plates

bbbower
  • Version: Windows Fixed

This is easily reproduced bug. In space walls and tempshift plates both block the loss of gases.  However when a liquid is over a tempshift plate its lost to the vacuum of space.

Steps to Reproduce
when a liquid is over a tempshift plate its lost to the vacuum of space.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Not a bug, temp shift plates don't block gasses or liquids.  Only walls do that

Edited by Neotuck

Share this comment

Yeah, @Neotuck right. I was under impression there is change to temp shift plate without announcement. Just tried it, nope still same as ever before. Temp shift plate did not block gasses or liquids.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

In the next update, the tempshift plate will also block gasses/liquids from escaping to space

Share this comment

On 6/11/2018 at 7:49 PM, Neotuck said:

Not a bug, temp shift plates don't block gasses or liquids.  Only walls do that

I think my major confusion with it was I was using debug mode to look at the space stuff.  When moving / building around the windows in the building at the top of the map something weird happens with the tile layer. The window itself does not seem to block the exit of gas but the tiles behind it were either hardcoded to be "not exposed" or there was some sort of glitch in that area that allowed the liquids to stay but the gas one tile above it to escape when the object was moved. Weird bugs with the indestructible tiles being like overlay tiles.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:40 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Changed Status to Fixed

In the next update, the tempshift plate will also block gasses/liquids from escaping to space

Wonderful, the heat management in space is not something to trifle with XD

Share this comment