Preloaded 'libfmodL.so.10'
Preloaded 'libfmodL.so.10.2'
Preloaded 'libfmodL.so.6'
Preloaded 'libfmodstudio.so'
Preloaded 'libsdkencryptedappticket.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
	libfmodstudioL.so

How can i help you to investigate this problem?

Steps to Reproduce
1. run ONI on Linux Steam 2. listen for cool sounds 3. your friend is only silence...

User Feedback

Firstly do not run the game from the console, it doesn't work that way.

Next upload the game log from ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/Player.log

Also whats the specific linux distro you're on? And what's your audio setup like (please be specific)? 

Share this comment

Note sure if it matters (and I know supporting multiple distros is probably not supported) but I'm running Debian and launching it in steam is not even opening.  Running steam from the command line then launching the game from steam also gives me this error:

Full command line log:

Running Steam on debian 9 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/andir/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime
Found path: /home/andir/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded
Mono path[0] = '/home/andir/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/andir/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/andir/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Mono/etc'
Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
Preloaded 'libCSteamworks.so'
Preloaded 'libSimDLL.so'
Preloaded 'libfmod.so'
Preloaded 'libfmodstudio.so'
Preloaded 'libsdkencryptedappticket.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
    libfmodstudioL.so
Player data archive not found at `/home/andir/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

Edit:

Err, sorry, mine is caused by a separate issue (Player.log):

Desktop is 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Unable to find a supported OpenGL core profile
Failed to create valid graphics context: please ensure you meet the minimum requirements
E.g. OpenGL core profile 3.2 or later for OpenGL Core renderer
No supported renderers found, exiting

(Filename:  Line: 531)

Ignore me...

Edited by Andir

Share this comment

20 hours ago, AlexRou said:

Firstly do not run the game from the console, it doesn't work that way.

Never tried to run ONI from the console...

I run steam from the console, then run ONI from steam. So i can see some additional logs

20 hours ago, AlexRou said:

Next upload the game log from ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/Player.log

Also whats the specific linux distro you're on? And what's your audio setup like (please be specific)? 

Share this comment

Also whats the specific linux distro you're on?

Funtoo 64bit with multilib support, alsa is build with 32bit support

And what's your audio setup like (please be specific)? 

I have onboard sound card Realtek ALC1150

Speakers are connected to LINE OUT (the green one)

I'm using pure alsa without pulseaudio (sometimes i run pulse-only apps thru apulse)

Alsa info and Player.log are attached

Player.log

alsa-info.txt

Share this comment

1 hour ago, PBaron said:

I'm using pure alsa without pulseaudio (sometimes i run pulse-only apps thru apulse)

Maybe check alsamixer to see if the vol for ONI is set correctly? Idk if it needs pulseaudio but I've seen some people said installing it works for unity games so maybe try that? Unless you have a reason to not want to use pulseaudio?

Share this comment

I was able to fix this by running OSS Proxy (osspd). For some reason I thought it was 2019 and we didn't use OSS anymore but that was my mistake.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, sqwishy said:

I was able to fix this by running OSS Proxy (osspd). For some reason I thought it was 2019 and we didn't use OSS anymore but that was my mistake.

Correct. Can you run steam from a terminal and paste the output when running ONI ?

Share this comment

I was having this issue on Void linux and I was able to fix it by replacing ONI's copies of the FMOD API (libfmod.so, libfmodL.so, libfmodstudio.so, libfmodstudioL.so) with ones from FMOD 1.10.15 (Downloaded from FMOD's site under "FMOD Studio API".)

On 1/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, krop said:

Correct. Can you run steam from a terminal and paste the output when running ONI ?

I use "exec > Oni.log 2>&1; exec %command%" for ONI's launch options so everything gets sent to a log and I see no difference between the logs when the sound isn't working and the logs when the sound is working but I've attached the logs anyway:

No Sound: Oni.log Player.log

With Sound: Oni.log Player.log

(the "With Sound" Player.log is smaller because I deleted both log files before doing the "With Sound" run)

Share this comment

Hello, Gentoo user here.

I was able to get sound working by uninstalling the game completely and then reinstalling it with Steam Play.

After uninstalling I had to remove the directory at /home/<me>/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common in order for it to download again, but that may only have been necessary because I tried the fix described in the post above and it did not work for me.

You can force steam to use Steam Play by right-clicking 'Oxygen Not Included' on your library page, selecting 'properties' from the drop-down menu, then checking the 'Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool' box. You may need to enable Steam play for all games from Steam > Settings > Steam Play > 'Enable Steam Play for all other titles'

This doesn't solve the issue, but it got the game working for me so hopefully this will help somebody else!

SteamPlay.png

Share this comment