Instant game crash - Cell mass / temperature issue ?

qda
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello Klei team, and thanks for the amazing work !

Got this instant crash on cycle 148, doesn't even go on the black hole screen, just shut the game instantly.

Output log shows something related to a cell's mass and/or temperature being out of the simulation range. However, I don't have any cell having unusual properties afaik, so probably some cell somewhere in the world ?

Thanks !

Messy Abyss Cycle 148.sav

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Wait less than a cycle for the crash to occur. Can't identify any specific steps, nothing out of the ordinary, and probably related to some simulation parameters and/or world generation.

User Feedback

Unfortunately, no .dmp file, the crashes folder doesn't even exist.

After about 10 identical attempts where i loaded this exact save file and just started the simulation without interfering, it somehow managed to go beyond this cycle, no similar crash up to cycle 250. However, I've tried again a few times (also around ten) to load this cycle 148 save file after this successful attempt, it crashed every single time, just as before. Real strange.

Share this comment

Just to double check, the version of Unity we're currently using now outputs the DMP files to:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Crashes

Is there anything there? Hopefully there are some folders there and if you find the most recent one with a crash.dmp file inside of it, posting that file might give us a clue as to what's going on.

If your windows system is set up differently you can try using this path in the explorer bar instead:

%HOME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Crashes

Share this comment

Nope sorry, nothing close to a .dmp file anywhere. Is this a temporary file that gets deleted at some point, or is it just that the game didn't compile one ? Could the fact that I played a different save inbetween have deleted the file/folder ?

Thanks anyway !

Share this comment