Indestructible Regolith

stimmedtank
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've got a block of regolith that I can't dig out or destroy. My dupes can't dig it (they just continually attempt to mine it and it sits at what appears to be 99% mined) and I've also had a rocket pass through it and fail to destroy it. The only notable part about it is that there is a buried object inside it. It looks like one of my automation wires also ended up being destroyed for some reason. I also looked and did not see an output log in the file location the instructions described.

Steps to Reproduce
Unfortunately I don't have reliable steps to reproduce as this regolith is from meteorites. The most concrete steps I have are: 1. Have regolith build up on a bunker door 2. Have auto miners mining while the bunker doors are opening 3. The regolith will fall down once the doors are open 4. Some of the regolith may be unable to be dug out or destroyed (for me it was only one block)
  • Like 1

User Feedback

One last bit of information that I don't know whether or not it is relevant: The area for update information is saying that my petroleum engine is entombed even though the rocket is currently out in space.

Share this comment

Update again: When the rocket landed the block was destroyed. Not sure if it was due to it melting or being destroyed by the rocket though.

Share this comment

I have seen this in my games as well. A reload resolves the issue, so unfortunately a save game is not extremely helpful. Note that this has happened with sand in addition to the regolith. It seems to be some issue with the falling of the tile that causes it to become unmineable/indestructable.

Share this comment

Another occurence of this bug, with a small variation : After digging under the bugged block of regolith, the "burried" sprite stayed in place.

20190423053126_1.thumb.jpg.d023045cf1a0fcca0721e0764239bed4.jpg

I also join the save file. But as said, this type of bug disappear on reload.

Iris.sav

Share this comment

Same bug occured to me today.

One my end it was always the regolith block (from metroites) that landed on the bottem center of the rocket. (Steam rocket for me)

After reloading it just worked as intended again. Also digging beneath that regloith block made it fall. i have not tried to dig it up after it falled down.

I have nothing to block the metroites over my rocket. also to note is that this not happend from the beginning. i made about 9 space missions before it started to happen to me.

Share this comment