Incorrect Cargo Bay/Planetary Mass Calculation/Procedure (Vanilla)

outseeker
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Kind of a 2-parter that needs a story.

When you launch a rocket ship and look at the status of that ship in the Starmap, the Available Mass to harvest has already had the capacity of your cargo bay deducted from it. Doesn't quite seem right but doesn't seem to be a problem yet..

When that planet/asteroid you are harvesting has only just enough available mass to fill your cargo bay however, then we do have a problem.

Say for example the Carbon Asteroid you want to harvest has 1125kg available mass, and your ship has a cargo bay with a 1000kg capacity.

When the rocket ship returns, it sees the planet it just returned from only has 125kg of mass remaining, and so instead of filling your cargo bay with the correct and previously available 1000kg of materials, leaving 125kg still available, it fills it with only the 125kg that appears to be available!

I did a little testing and if that same Carbon Asteroid instead had 2125kg available mass, it would all appear to work correctly. You receive the correct 1000kg in materials and 1000kg of mass is deducted from the Available Mass, leaving 1125kg available, however it's not correct behind the scenes! The calculation only fills your cargo bay correctly if the available mass was double the capacity of your cargo bay.

Thanks guys, I love your work. Real shame about the modding thing though.. <3

Steps to Reproduce

Send a rocket ship with cargo bay to somewhere that has only just enough available mass to fill that cargo bay plus a little bit.

Upon return, you will have received only that "plus a little bit" in your cargo bay instead of a full cargo bay load.

Calculation of what to fill the ship cargo bay with upon return is being based on an Available Mass that has already had the capacity of the cargo bay deducted from it! Please patch <3

Here is an unrelated log file since it's mandatory lol luv ya

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
17 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

What modding thing..? Mods work just fine

That would be the effective removal of every mod published, requiring rewrites for each and every one lol

I'm sure there was a very good reason, but the result is many mods may never be seen again- people moved on/are too busy to update them

Share this comment

1 hour ago, outseeker said:

many mods

I would say "very few and unused" or already implemented in the game so not real reason for updates. Most mods are update by now, unless you play the "previous version" which will be no longer compatible with them

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I would say "very few and unused" or already implemented in the game so not real reason for updates. Most mods are update by now, unless you play the "previous version" which will be no longer compatible with them

I would say perhaps you've not looked through the entire catalogue of mods XD I have a list as long as my arm of subscribed mods that can't be enabled :<

It would be awesome if the features were integrated into the base game, or source code available for us to rewrite the outdated mods, but sadly that's only sometimes the case

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, outseeker said:

can't be enabled :<

And are you 100% sure they are not updated? Because I know there are some mods steam refuses to update. If you think that's the case, the "mod updater" mod could  force them to update

(Sorry for the mostly irrelevant things in this bug report...:???: )

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

And are you 100% sure they are not updated? Because I know there are some mods steam refuses to update. If you think that's the case, the "mod updater" mod could  force them to update

(Sorry for the mostly irrelevant things in this bug report...:???: )

Ahh mate, when I go to their respective steam pages I can see the comments are all This mod was so great! Please Update! QQ

Some authors comment let us know they're too busy and/or don't play ONI anymore, some say they lost the source code so it's all over unless u wanna create their mod from scratch.. It's a real bummer, like years of collective development went into all the mods, then suddenly they can't work anymore. So many people used to play years ago and modded- now all their work is just a waste :<

All good, I appreciate your trying to help. At least I know someone is reading my bug reports lol <3

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Note that when this fix goes out it won't apply to rockets already in space, only newly launched rockets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Note that when this fix goes out it won't apply to rockets already in space, only newly launched rockets.

Yay! Thanks very much :D

Share this comment