impossible overload damage

badgamer123
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

my whole base only have 3 wheel and 1 H2 generator (doing super sustain)
how the hell I going to get overload damage on the output side of 2 transformer ....
my only 2 Smart battery was before transformer.
consumer is more then 2kw,but I have only 2 small transformer support them....remove the bridge will fix it for now.This was the time bug in QoL1 when I first time play the game,but at that time I was using a tons of smart battery switch etc.So I could not clearly say it was a bug.....my game using a lot of mod but it should not affect it since non of them change how energy work. 
I like to play with those pipe and wire a lot,forbidden to use bridge really hurt...

1 - Copy.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

New home 30 overload.sav

Steps to Reproduce
i think you load the save will make it work,just turn everything on and have 3 dupe running on the wheel.

User Feedback

Overload create via consumption, not generation. You merge two power nets and merge consumption its nets

Simple example. Two power nets, common wire (1kW). Consumption on both 600W, no overload. Now merge it to one. Consumption now 600+600=1200W, overload.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Closed

As @fiziologus said - overloading is caused by power consumption. The maximum possible power consumption of your base when your wires are all connected is 3280W, well over the 2000W the wires can handle. Removing the bridge splits your base into 2 smaller grids with maximum draws of 1460W and 1820W, which is below 2000W and why you don't see overloads when they are not connected.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

i did reconnected the "bridge" like this123123131.thumb.jpg.8238e6643bfb3d0f689348cb1e8129ef.jpg
the problem fixed as long as i not using any bridge,i just need to make a long wire around my base ,it is the base running now without any overload and 3k-4k consumer no problem.
how i going to burn a wire with 2 ST as output?

Share this comment

After debugging your save file overloading seems to be working properly, but for the most part it is being avoided because you are not producing enough power to sustain a prolonged power draw of 2000+ W. Wires must be overloaded for a sustained period of time to be damaged, and with as many brownouts as your power grid is experiencing it is basically just not getting a chance to overload.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment