I can not withdraw a profession that I chose wrong.

marllonmoreira
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending
I can not withdraw a profession that I chose wrong.

Steps to Reproduce
*I choose a profession *I I decide to change it and then I can not even finish it.

User Feedback

@SharraShimada Might not be a "bug" in the traditional sense, but it's still a serious user experience issue. It's terribly easy to accidentally misclick a skill, and the respeccing station is not instantaneous(in fact, it consumes quite a bit dupe time which one might not be able to spare at all in the early game.)

I'd personally say it's an issue worthy of reports. A simple confirmation request when applying points would be a good thing.

Share this comment

Its a comfort question, and therefore it belongs to the suggestion-part of the forum, not into the bug section.

Share this comment

I've had this happen to me just due to the UI lagging out, leading to a an unintended, and not easily correctable, result. That's "bug" level in my mind. And last I saw of the suggestion sub-forum... Well, let's just say if it was me, I doubt I'd be spending enough time digging through there to find an issue like this.

This isn't "suggestion about gameplay", it's an actual PROBLEM.

Share this comment

On 13/05/2019 at 5:45 AM, SharraShimada said:

Its a comfort question, and therefore it belongs to the suggestion-part of the forum, not into the bug section.

As a qualified verification engineer, this is incorrect. Anything that detracts from user experience in a negative way, is a bug. 

Share this comment

I think the actual bug is that there is no confirmation to selecting skills. Something like backing up the skills when opening the skill screen and add a undo button to revert to the backed up state. Leaving the screen/dupe will make the skill choice permanent (not counting skill reset station). This would likely be a better use experience than confirming each click and the user can still undo wrong clicks, which occurs due to screen lag, dropped mouse or whatever excuse players can come up with.

Share this comment