Hot Abyssalite exchanging Heat with Liquids

Earl_of_Earlier
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

When digging through abyssalite in the Oil Biome, if reaching hot Abyssalite, Crude Oil will exchange heat with it and boil into Petroleum / Sour Gas, cooling down the Abyssalite to around 400-500 degrees. I haven't tested other liquids, it seems however to only do that if the transfer causes a state change for the liquid, i.e. it will stop exchanging heat with Petroleum around 500, but will do so again if Crude Oil comes into contact with the same tile.

Steps to Reproduce
Find hot Abyssalite in the Oil Biome, dig to it and have Crude Oil get into contact with it.

User Feedback

I can confirm this.

I also just got a problem with water suddenly flashing to steam while digging near a volcano pocket surrounded by Abyssalite.

The Golden Dump.sav5d2a2fe29c2c5_abyssaliteheattransferbug.thumb.png.a6dd1e7e942905396f7b6454f4ebd96f.png

Edited by niofox

Share this comment

I get these hot patches all the time and it drives me nuts. I end up having to carefully excavate along the abyssalite, sealing off the area, and dump some kind of liquid to cool it down. It eventually does cool, but it is tedious if you're trying to prevent unexpected explosions of sour gas or steam.

Share this comment