Hatches disappear when burrowed block is mined.

mercibocu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

If the tile the hatch is burrowed in is mined, a falling animation will play for a split second then the hatch will be deleted from the game. I have been able to recreate this a few times.

This is on the spaced out expansion, I am not sure if this is exclusive to the expansion or not.

I would love to upload a video of it happening but I can't seem to get the video under 4.88MB. Very sorry.

Steps to Reproduce

Get a hatch to burrow into a tile.

Dig the tile

Hatch is gone.

User Feedback

1 hour ago, mercibocu said:

Is it ok if I edit this into my report?

It's ok but I think uploading once is enough :) (if the bug can be fixed...)

1 hour ago, mercibocu said:

Also how did you upload a video?

Drag and drop like an image...? (also I have low resolution screen that helps with video size :P )

Share this comment

Been having this issue a lot as of late, hatch falls and moves right whenever it lands on a ledge (with open space on the right) but once it makes contact with any "solid" floor it disappears. No mound showing it burrowed, digging around the area reveals nothing just gone. I'm wondering if it's a reverse "teleporting water" trick where the hatch is ending up on the bottom of the map, haven't tested yet. Also haven't checked if the "wild critters" goes down so I could also check that if anyone wants me to test that.

Curious if the devs have done any tests with falling critters as of late, things like this can be quite irritating.

Share this comment