Harvesting Arbor trees doesn't drop any seeds

Clubtropper
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I received an Arbor Tree seed from the printing pod and planted it hoping to grow more. I've been harvesting it for around 100 cycles with a high level farmer (accumulating around 40k lumber) and it still hasn't dropped any seeds.

Steps to Reproduce
Receive an Arbor Tree seed from the printing pod on the default asteroid. Plant it and repeatedly harvest its branches.

User Feedback

We are harvesting arbor tree branches, not arbor tree itself. Branches didn't have "branch seed". This is confusing for most players.

Either change the code or give proper information in arbor tree that harvesting the branch didn't yield tree seeds. As long it didn't turn into "planting arbor seed grows branch instead of tree" :D

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, abud said:

We are harvesting arbor tree branches, not arbor tree itself. Branches didn't have "branch seed". This is confusing for most players.

Either change the code or give proper information in arbor tree that harvesting the branch didn't yield tree seeds. As long it didn't turn into "planting arbor seed grows branch instead of tree" :D

It says that the branches have the normal 10% seed chance that all other plants have, but it only ever drops lumber.

21fcbe821d.png

You can't "harvest" the arbor tree itself (you can only uproot it), so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Share this comment

Sorry, I failed at explaining this. Let's hope someone else (or even better, devs) willing to explains "why we didn't get seeds from harvesting arbor tree branches".

Also, check general discussion, many players playing with arbor tree much more than I do, and probably can give a better explanation.

Share this comment

It is necessary to uproot the branches to get a new seed chance, and you need a pip to get the seed. Chance per new branch is 5%.

Share this comment