Harvest view ("y") takes many seconds to enter, every time it's opened

rnjacobs
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Known Issue

If I hit the "y" key to enter the view that lets you change whether a plant will be automatically harvested or not, it takes a very long time to enter or exit - maybe 5 seconds and 4 seconds, when the other overlays are almost instantaneous.

Steps to Reproduce
Linux, Haswell (i3-4330) G45 integrated video; 16GB RAM. hit "y", then hit "escape"; compare this to "p" or "f3"

User Feedback

Hi, I've observed the same issue, and I believe it's associated with arbor trees. This is my bug report on it:

As a workaround, try digging up any arbor trees on your map, especially ones that exhibit this bug.

Share this comment

This is not due to Arbor Trees. I had comparable results in the QoL3 release.

Edited by rnjacobs
  • Like 1

Share this comment

This literally happens with every single world I've ever played, going at least as far back as the Cosmic Upgrade. It might be an integrated video thing, it might be a Linux thing, but it's definitely not a "some plants" thing.

edit: To be fair, results are worse in my current Arboria map (3-5 seconds to enter) vs an old CU map (1 second to enter, but still perceptibly slower than the "plant growth stage" indicator behind F10) vs a QoL3 map (1.5 seconds to enter). But it wasn't good before.

Edited by rnjacobs

Share this comment