Half rocket still there

djdookie
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

After rebuilding my steam rocket into a petroleum rocket, I launched it and saved the game.

After loading the game today, half of my rocket is displayed there still, but the real rocket is on mission!!

Mouseover is saying vacuum as you can see in the screenshot, os it's a graphical glitch.

But possibly also a gameplay issue, because I had my dupes filling and emptying excess oxylite (to the second module in the screenshot) in a permanent loop until removing the access ramp.

20190910223616_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build steam rocket (1 command, 6 research, 1 steam), replace lowest 3 modules by petroleum/liquid fuel / oxylite tank, start rocket, save game, load game.

User Feedback

I get this same bug. When I load a save the rocket modules look like they are present, but they are not. If the rocket lands and launches again, the copy image is not left.

It only happens with Petroleum or Hydrogen Rockets for some reason (not steam rockets). All of the modules except for the command command are there

Share this comment

I can confirm that it happens when I load the game while the rocket is on a mission. But when landing the images disappear.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, dstarerstor said:

It only happens with Petroleum or Hydrogen Rockets for some reason (not steam rockets). All of the modules except for the command command are there

That's not true, my steam engine rocket left a solid fuel thruster behind (only the artwork). I already filed a bug for this too.

Share this comment

I report this as well. Reproduce like this:

1. build (any) rocket and launch it.

2. after it returned remove any module from it's middle section, and replace it by something else (such as an additional fuel tank)

3. launch the modified rocket again.

4. save and reload the game while in mid flight.

5. observe that the upper half of the rocket is gone as it is supposed to be, but the lower half, starting from the replaced module in step 2 is visually still there.

The example in the picture shows two rockets that each had an additional fuel tank added to them. both of them are "the newest addition" to each respective rocket.

Beheaded rockets.png

System.sav

Silly me I forgot to add the save file. Here you go!

Share this comment