Generator doesn't start

MacBart
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Pending

I finally managed to build a stable colony. I have built 2 natural gas generators a hydrogen generator and a coal generator. The problem is they don't always start producing energy even though I have sufficient fuel. With the 2 gas generators I have tried turning battery threshold for one at 0% and the other 100%. This way at least one has to work. But that's not happening. 

How can I fix this?

Steps to Reproduce
I think you need my save file to see, because I don't know how to reproduce.

User Feedback

The slider only works on the coal generator (it sets when the job to deliver fuel will be generated), it has no function on hydrogen and natural gas generators.

It would be nice if it would though, or if we would have other means (automated) of starting/stopping them depending on battery levels.

Edited by Masterpintsman

Share this comment

im having this bug too

ive tried relogging messing with the slider deableing and reableing the generator

nothing has helped 

so frustrated, i spent 100 cycles building this power room and its bugged

Share this comment

Ok, so far for the slider then. But what could be the cause of my natural gas generators to stay idle? I have wires and gas intakes and outtakes connected. I have now put a manual generator extra to get some power. But I'd love the natural gas generators to work properly. 

See my attached files for the conections. The natural gas generators are on the left side.

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 11.44.24.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 11.33.28.png

Share this comment

Ehh.... I have looked and I cannot see anything wrong at all...

The only thing i can suggest which might work is delete the pipe which connects the Nat Gas to the Generator. and rebuild it. 

If you can post a picture of the tooltip when you click on the generator that might help. 

Share this comment

Here are the tool tips from both the generators.

The trick with deleting the pipes and rebuilding doesn't work either. I have tried that already.

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 12.40.43.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 12.40.36.png

Share this comment

They have the tiniest amount of NG in them I am going to assume that the pipes "Think" the generator is full, whilst the generator is thinking "I cannot run for 1s because I have insufficient gas"

I would recommend uploading your save file, If you destroy and rebuild the generators it will most likely work, it could be an error during the game loading up. but upload the save it will help the devs a lot.

Share this comment

Yeah I am fortunate not to have encountered this (I dont use Nat Gas often) I liked the save file message hopefully the devs will get onto this.

Share this comment

In your save gas pipes carring natural gas are not really connected.
It can be seen from the first screenshot as well

Share this comment

7 hours ago, MacBart said:

See my attached files for the conections. The natural gas generators are on the left side.

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 11.44.24.png

You're missing 2 pipe connections on the natural gas line, somehow. Not sure how you even managed that.

Share this comment

Yes finally a solution :D It was indeed that the pipes didn't connect. I really had to stare with a magnifying glass before I saw it. I don't know how that happend, especially because the generators worked in the beginning. But just redrawing the lines fixed it. Dupes didn't even had to come to connect it.

Maybe one more question, see the screenshot with the electric overlay. How is it possible that the wire says circuit status 1,6 kW/ 0,0 W? How can it be 0? It's something I started seeing when my net became bigger.

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 20.14.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-08-10 om 20.14.29.png

Share this comment

You don't even know how stupid I feel then ;) Maybe this happened with redrawing the lines? I really don't know.

But what I do know is that my generator are working totally fine now. So good I placed a 3rd one, and that's something I shouldn't have done. They use more gas then there is produced. So I have to keep it with 2 and look for another source.

Share this comment

I kn ow if you move the mouse too quickly the pipes can skip and continue drawing but its pretty rare that it happens.

Share this comment

Oh, but that can be exactly what happened with me. If I have to draw long lines I don't move my mouse. I click and then I scroll with the keyboard. I do it just to have a straight line from the first time. And then I have moved fast for the game. I'm gonna pay some more attention to this to see if it happens again.

Share this comment

i re looked at my pipes and mine are all connected correctly

even my wires

and im having the same issue where the NG wont run anymore

Share this comment

On 8/10/2017 at 8:38 AM, BlueLance said:

They have the tiniest amount of NG in them I am going to assume that the pipes "Think" the generator is full, whilst the generator is thinking "I cannot run for 1s because I have insufficient gas"

I would recommend uploading your save file, If you destroy and rebuild the generators it will most likely work, it could be an error during the game loading up. but upload the save it will help the devs a lot.

on my save the game ended up saying something along the lines of the batteries are full power

Share this comment

im not sure how to do that 

but im still getting batteries sufficiently full on my ng gen
when theyre not

Share this comment