Gas pumps / filters not working

jakemiller099
  • Pending

Hello!

Having an incredible time playing this game, but when my colony got attacked by some random generation of hydrogen (still cant figure it out) I began working out a way to contain it and then distribute oxygen to the rest of the colony. during that time i had ran into a few speed bumps. first the GAS FILTERS would not filter out oxygen, only other substances. so I decided to work around that and just filter out hydrogen and carbon dioxide then pump the remaining throughout my colony. sometime in the middle of finishing this build both of my gas pumps stopped working stating that they were not "in gas"/ i have tried rebuilding them, deconstructing them and everything around them (few water pipes left over with residual water in them). but nothing worked. 

I had noticed prior when working with the water pipes that there were times that the water would get stuck and go back and forth in a line. deleting this section and rebuilding it had fixed the problem. I can only assume that once the water designates a direction the game has a hard time deciding the direction of the rest of the pipe if there are additions or changes. perhaps adding the ability to manipulate the direction of the water / gas would help remedy this. 

attached are a few screen shots of my basic pump system. to clarify, i was going to pump hydrogen from the top and bottom into the room on the left. afterwards the bottom room would produce oxygen and distribute that throughout the colony. later on i would convert more CO2 into contaminated water and filter it to maintain the algae. but seeing as the gas system has died so did my dreams of a functioning colony.

please disregard the state of the colony as i had saved prior to troubleshoot the gas system leaving everything to go to hell. 

20170311025002_1.jpg

20170311025043_1.jpg

20170311025058_1.jpg

20170311025105_1.jpg

20170311024954_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a gas system. filter out oxygen. continue to run it with variables including CO2 contaminated air and hydrogen. troubleshoot gas pump. create new object in game designed to move oxygen from a created area. optimize ventilation systems

User Feedback

You appear to have a functional Electrolyzer. Might want to read about it.

As for the pumps, they are faster than gas can flow.
Pump sucks in everything, leaves a vacuum, and now there is no gas to pump.

Not seeing where your filter setup is failing. Perhaps you can explain your issue with them in greater detail?

Share this comment

Filters fail to actually filter... anything goes through either output of the filter.

I had a filter to send Hydrogen in my Hydrogen generator (had Hydrogen selected for filtered output), and everything else back in the air. In reality, Hydrogen and Oxygen can both go either way randomly. In other words the filter simply functions as a junction with no filtering whatsoever.

Share this comment

Starting from the lower pump:

-the first gas filter should be fine

-you are not filtering anything on the second gas filter. There is no pipe coming out the purple indicator.

-the gas bridge next to the grave is backward. Green is in, white is out. You are doing it wrong.

The upper pump should be fine. If you are planning to remove hydrogen, tho, you should place the pump in a higher place, since hydrogen will naturally flow above other gases due to its weight.

Edited by DuraLex

Share this comment