Gas in Thermo Regulator storage can transfer heat

Peter Han
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

As shown in 

The Thermo Regulator's internal storage, where gas packets can become trapped when disabled by automation depending on timing, is not insulated and can exchange heat with the environment. This differs from the Thermo Aquatuner, which has an insulated internal liquid storage that cannot transfer heat.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Build and power a Thermo Regulator
  2. Add an automation switch or sensor to enable and disable it
  3. Attach pipes and provide it a very cold Gas
  4. Toggle the automation on and off until the regulator is disabled with gas in its storage
  5. Notice that the gas transfers heat to the environment

The attached log will not have any crash or error - just a log from the last run. Disabling all mods does not affect the issue.

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 5/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, JRup said:

I'm also testing this other variant of a fix, a buffer with 0.1s ... seems compact enough. Let me know if you've tested on any ATs:

1746618090_TRbufferpreventor.png.6af3ad08268e19f87d83eb0b8980c397.png

I did try with 0.2 seconds and the packet no longer gets stuck inside, this is playing in normal speed, on linux, on a "not always supervised TR". And sticking a sensor + notifier in a build for tracking purposes would be tough...

I did see the thread on discord and wonder if the code for the building has anything like "sealed" in the building's properties...

Share this comment