Gas Filter filters incorrectly (Thermal Upgrade)

TheThickCrow
  • Pending

At the top part of my base I have Electrolizers, Gas Pumps and a Gas Filter. The filter keeps on pumping hydrogen (which is supposed to be filtered solely) and oxygen into the Hydrogen Generator beneath, resulting in it being damaged. Same result while the filter has or hasn't power. (I'd personally prefer nothing being output into the filtered vent for the latter.)

As a side note, when the Thermo Regulator (to the right) is disabled, it won't let any gas through. Not sure if that is intended, as I initially just suspected it would then let it through but without cooling it.

Development Build: CL#TU-210489

Gas Filter not filtering Save.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Use the attached save file, go into the gas vent view and look at the system at the top of the base.

User Feedback

I Forgot to add to the title, that I'm playing the Thermal Upgrade Preview, and I don't know how to edit my original post (if it's possible at all).

I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience, since I added the Development Build number.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, TheThickCrow said:

I Forgot to add to the title, that I'm playing the Thermal Upgrade Preview, and I don't know how to edit my original post (if it's possible at all).

I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience, since I added the Development Build number.

Did you pipe the white output or the orange output into the generator? If you selected hydrogen as the filter it will go out of the orange output.

If that is how you laid the pipes then did you check if there are no pipes going from green to orange to white? Also if you deconstructed the pipes before building the filter, it could have been left over gas in the pipes.

• Like 1

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Did you pipe the white output or the orange output into the generator? If you selected hydrogen as the filter it will go out of the orange output.

Yes, I have the orange output going into the generator.

37 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

If that is how you laid the pipes then did you check if there are no pipes going from green to orange to white? Also if you deconstructed the pipes before building the filter, it could have been left over gas in the pipes.

I indeed had a pipe running through the whole filter. However as I just changed it, the gas pump would just start for a second, and then stop pumping. The Status message is  "Not Pumping". It has enough electricity. I even reconstructed everything, yet it still won't pump.

ONI not pumping.png

Edited by TheThickCrow

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, Risu said:

You connected everything together. The filter is pointless.

Do you mean that what AlexRou mentioned in his second paragraph? If so, I changed it, but a new problem arose. I described it just above this post.

Share this comment