Game not recognizing Raw Materials

Blazinblaiser
  • Pending

Got in a new game today, tried making power generator and as you see in the picture i have MORE than enough raw materials. But i says that it hasn't been discovered. No matter what i do or how much I dig, it doesn't recognize.

ONI_Raw Material Issue.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Create Game and Load in.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I just bought the game and have 36291.1 kg of sandstone but it says i don't have any raw material. Starting a new game does not fix this restarting the game does not fix this. In other words I cannot play this game at all.

Edited by lady_hyena

Share this comment

13 hours ago, lady_hyena said:

I just bought the game and have 36291.1 kg of sandstone but it says i don't have any raw material. Starting a new game does not fix this restarting the game does not fix this. In other words I cannot play this game at all.

Raw material comes in different types: Mineral, Metal, ...
You might need to mine the material you need for the construction, you can see what it asks for when you click the building in the category list (and you can set different materials there in the lower part, depending on your stock)

Share this comment

5 hours ago, jsr said:

Same bug, does not solved after game reload =(
Save files attached, may be it can help

17 hours ago, lady_hyena said:

The game must be unpaused to "unlock" all your resources, plus what you ( @jsr ) are trying to build is too high for the dupes to reach. You can only reach 4 tiles from where you are standing.

Share this comment

I'm not paused and i was quoting the amount in my inventory I've dug plenty of material but when i go to build things it says i have nothing.

Share this comment

I will gladly add my issue with this as well.  My storage notes I have 3283.7kg in that storage unit alone, but the list in the top right says I have 0.0kg, and everything that needs raw MINERAL not material or metal, is greyed out.

NoRawMineral.jpg

Edited by griffinblitz

Share this comment

Sadly, I have the very same issue with refined copper.
I have about something like 470 refined metal copper laying around altogether but the game does not recognize a big portion of it and I can not build anything using it. I tried storing it inside the container again, storing it in another container and saving and reloading the game, and restarting the game.

It even doesn't recognize freshly crafted refined metal copper any more.

Please help!

Oxygen Not Included - Ingame Screenshot

You can download my savegame here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/499685764527816705/515276579572547584/Versuch_16.11_-_Zwischen9.sav

Pretty sure it all started after I set one storage (the one to the most right, not the one it's laying infront) container to gather the refined copper.

EDIT:

Anyways. I kept producing more copper and it started to raise again. It might've been some pending errands that claimed the resource.

Edited by S1N3

Share this comment

In case any one comes here, I have a probable cause which is also a definite cause if you using the plan without building materials mod. When you look on the drop down resources menu if you hover over an item you have none of, it will tell you if you that resource is pending use. If all of the resource is pending use (see top right of image), you are unable to set new errands that utilise that material. In other words although you have sandstone or clay etc in storage it's not available to use because it's going to be used elsewhere. The fix is to naturally get more of that resource. P.S. this world was created to replicate and test the 'bug' and therefore has been cheated in seen by the ridiculous amount of sandstone and the granite.20191115200703_1.thumb.jpg.1bc431399e835cc6ab98ab349cbf090e.jpg

Share this comment