Game error when start

Uij1302
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Fixed

The game crashes when it starts, and it's been 5 days since the first error.
And when I verify the files nothing was wrong, I did try everything even unsub all mods.
(I'm still not good at English so might expect some wrong selecting and using wrong words)

Steps to Reproduce

The error code:

BadReadException: Could not read block - no data!  (position 0x0062D2CA)

Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities._ReadFourBytes (System.IO.Stream s, System.String message) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.SharedUtilities.ReadInt (System.IO.Stream s) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.HandleUnexpectedDataDescriptor (Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry entry) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry (Ionic.Zip.ZipContainer zc, System.Boolean first) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig (Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance (Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Rethrow as ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile
Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance (Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read (System.String fileName, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1[TEventArgs] readProgress) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read (System.String fileName) (at <c5d6b36976e845b59baec1498be897f9>:0)
KMod.ZipFile..ctor (System.String filename) (at <b1b9d006f0f94a2dbc1211e654d1a3dd>:0)
KMod.Manager.LoadModDBAndInitialize () (at <b1b9d006f0f94a2dbc1211e654d1a3dd>:0)
Global.Awake () (at <b1b9d006f0f94a2dbc1211e654d1a3dd>:0)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, Transform)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, GameObject, String, Boolean, Int32)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, GameObject, String)
LaunchInitializer:Update()

Build: U46-552078-S

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Without your Player.log file I can't tell which mod is causing the problem, but it appears the game is crashing trying to load the files for one of your mods. Unfortunately unsubscribing the mod doesn't immediately remove it, the game needs to launch first to do so. Which it can't because of the crash.
You can disable all mods by deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/mods.json and then the game should start.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JovanR said:

Without your Player.log file I can't tell which mod is causing the problem, but it appears the game is crashing trying to load the files for one of your mods. Unfortunately unsubscribing the mod doesn't immediately remove it, the game needs to launch first to do so. Which it can't because of the crash.
You can disable all mods by deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/mods.json and then the game should start.

I... don't have it as an application plus I did try to find the "Player.log" file but had no luck, the closest I found is "UnityPlayer.dylib" could it work?

Edited by Uij1302

Share this comment

According to the file the mod causing issues is "Chemical Processing: Industrial Overhaul".

I would recommend disabling all mods by deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/mods.json and then the game should start. Once you've confirmed that the game is able to launch without crashing, you can reinstall your mods.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 5/17/2023 at 11:38 PM, JovanR said:

According to the file the mod causing issues is "Chemical Processing: Industrial Overhaul".

I would recommend disabling all mods by deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/mods.json and then the game should start. Once you've confirmed that the game is able to launch without crashing, you can reinstall your mods.

The mods were deleted as I said in the post...

Share this comment

Look like the mod will add new elements and buildings to your colony.

If your colony had any of new elements or buildings only within the mod, you must have the mod to load your save. Otherwise it will never be loaded and keep crashing.

Check the steam page and see if the author can help.

Share this comment

On 5/19/2023 at 8:45 AM, DolphinWing said:

Look like the mod will add new elements and buildings to your colony.

If your colony had any of new elements or buildings only within the mod, you must have the mod to load your save. Otherwise it will never be loaded and keep crashing.

Check the steam page and see if the author can help.

How am I going to get it loaded..? I can't do anything inside the game while it crashing.

Share this comment

the error message in your log indicates that the game is trying to read the mod's ZIP file from the steam client cache, but the file is corrupted.
no need to blame any particular mod and its author, this **** can happen to any other mod.
try Verify Integrity of Game Files sometimes it helps in such cases.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

the error message in your log indicates that the game is trying to read the mod's ZIP file from the steam client cache, but the file is corrupted.
no need to blame any particular mod and its author, this **** can happen to any other mod.
try Verify Integrity of Game Files sometimes it helps in such cases.

There's nothing wrong with the file... But is it possible to wipe all data?

Share this comment

Please attach your mods.json file, this file is automatically created by the game and is a settings file. You can find this file by following these steps.

1. Open Finder
  2. Press Command + Shift + G
  3. Type ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/
  4. Click Go 
On 5/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, Uij1302 said:

The mods were deleted as I said in the post...

Note that you mentioned unsubscribing from mods in your first post and deleting mods in this quoted post, this is not the same thing as deleting the settings file mods.json. Deleting mods.json fixed the same issue for another player (see their report). Can you confirm that you tried deleting mods.json specifically?

Share this comment

20 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Please attach your mods.json file, this file is automatically created by the game and is a settings file. You can find this file by following these steps.

1. Open Finder
  2. Press Command + Shift + G
  3. Type ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/
  4. Click Go 

Note that you mentioned unsubscribing from mods in your first post and deleting mods in this quoted post, this is not the same thing as deleting the settings file mods.json. Deleting mods.json fixed the same issue for another player (see their report). Can you confirm that you tried deleting mods.json specifically?

Appear to be none, even though I have mod manager downloaded.

And yes, I did press go, but it played the error sound instead (I also had the system on my country's language)

ไม่มีชื่อ 4.png

Share this comment

It looks like the game was installed to a different location on your system. Try this path instead:

/Users/macbook/Library/Application Support/unity.Klei.Oxygen Not Included/

There should be a mods folder in that directory containing mods.json. Please attach the file so we can take a look, then try deleting it and launching the game. 

Share this comment

16 hours ago, EricKlei said:

It looks like the game was installed to a different location on your system. Try this path instead:

/Users/macbook/Library/Application Support/unity.Klei.Oxygen Not Included/

There should be a mods folder in that directory containing mods.json. Please attach the file so we can take a look, then try deleting it and launching the game. 

It worked! Thank you!

mods.json

Share this comment