Game crashing when starting a new save

Vaaso
  • Fixed

The game says I do not meet the minimum requirements but when I go to the store, I see I actually am over the minimum requirements, so when I start a new save it just crashes, I searched for a solution (there wasn't any), re-installed the game, verified the integrity of game cache and nothing works.

Checked dxdiag.exe and I've DirectX 11.

Self-explanatory screenshots :

219a18748b7b199e8f5dade39044ace2.pngee9fd0c0d499de17641e98438a86da8c.png029dc1d076528b6b58029201255cd04a.png

8691aba0774ad68045b9dd2dafa0d409.png

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new save.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Installed it and now the game isn't crashing anymore nor telling me I'm under the minimum requirements. Tomorrow I'll start playing and update this comment if it crashes in the fly.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Vaaso

Share this comment

Some people have solved this by running Windows Update and then re-installing the VC++ runtime. Specifically this update seems to fix the problem: KB2919355.

Share this comment

I tried installing/uninstalling the 2015 redistribute. Windows update is up to date.

It always crash when i click new game.

Was working flawlessly on my other laptop(win10) windows 8.1 not working. Pleasee helpp

Share this comment

Im also having problem with 2015 redistributable, i have installed and reinstalled it for couple times, still sayig i don't have it installed :(

Share this comment

23 hours ago, Xelodaki said:

Im also having problem with 2015 redistributable, i have installed and reinstalled it for couple times, still sayig i don't have it installed :(

Could you please make a separate post in the bug tracker and please upload your dxdiag and output_log.txt.

Share this comment

game keeps crashing at random times , sometimes when starting a new save ,sometimes first cycle into a new game and sometimes even late into game day 50 plus , for no reason and my specs are totally fine , ive no idea how to send whatever its called dx diag etc but just thought id shout it out so you know

Share this comment

3 hours ago, jimmyp1979 said:

game keeps crashing at random times , sometimes when starting a new save ,sometimes first cycle into a new game and sometimes even late into game day 50 plus , for no reason and my specs are totally fine , ive no idea how to send whatever its called dx diag etc but just thought id shout it out so you know

Could you please make a separate post and include your save file?

Share this comment

I have the same problem, even though you say it's fixed.

when I downloaded the game and opened it, it took me to the main page, with: new save, load save, etc.

when I choose new save it crashes and says to install a runtime file called: visual C++ Redistribute for visual studio 2015

but when I try to install it, it stops a 99%

Share this comment

Same problem. Game crashes on new game, continue game and load game. Worked fine before the most recent patch...

Share this comment

I have got the same problem, too. It was my first playing and then boom!!! Game crashed!

There is no save file. Because I couldnt even play a new game.

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

i Just bought the game and i have this issue.  but Im a Mac user

the game runs perfectly till i try to start a new game..then it crashes. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)

processor : 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Share this comment