Game crashes post update, always at the same moment. Affects at least several players.

Ellilea
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Symptoms:

- game always crashes at the exact same moment (about a minute from where I saved, I tried to catch it close for easy debugging)

- there is an error message with mods, and a black hole ate my game screen without mods

- if black hole screen doesn't appear, it looks like a neverending game lag. Dupes are invisible (if they weren't focused when bug hits)/frozen in place continuing their animation if they were

- error also displays missing mods/changed mod order message when loading any save and mod configuration being the exact same as before. This started happening a touch later (one or two reloads) than the error. No idea if it's a hint but maybe.

Also validated Steam ONI files and nothing popped up, everything validated successfully.

I am attaching the save game very close to the crash moment. Loading a save in the previous cycle leads to this very moment to crash so I made a closer save for convenience.

I don't have this file, can't attach it, I'm sorry: SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

Going by the update topic, it affects several folks so it can't be due to my mod setup. But just in case, I have had the exact same mods since cycle 1, never changed a thing. Save crashes all the same with and without them.

ImpendingDoom Cycle 392.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Let the save run for like a minute and it should crash/display a black hole bug.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Here you are. There's an interesting bit inside: 

[ERROR] Mathilda Exception in: (Minion).SparkleStreaker.root.overjoyed.Exit
System.NullReferenceException

Mathilda is one of the dupes.

output_log.txt

Knowing that, I went back a day and killed Mathilda, but the problem seems to jump to the next dupe:

Bubbles Exception in: (Minion).SparkleStreaker.root.overjoyed.Exit

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Try this save game, I edited it with duplicity to take out the sparklestreker trait, has worked for me!

Beaver Bog.sav

You, my friend, are a saint! I used the duplicity tool (that I didn't know about) and removed the sparklestreaker trait from all my dupes. This seems to have solved the problem. Thank you!

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, tr5 said:

You, my friend, are a saint! I used the duplicity tool (that I didn't know about) and removed the sparklestreaker trait from all my dupes. This seems to have solved the problem. Thank you!

Thanks Bud, has been annoying me for 8 hours until I put 2 and 2 together and made  6 :D 

Share this comment

That is very interesting, thank you. But won't the trait return soon? I thought it comes whenever morale is high?

2 hours ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Try this save game, I edited it with duplicity to take out the sparklestreker trait, has worked for me!

Beaver Bog.sav

That is very interesting, thank you. But won't the trait return soon? I thought it comes whenever morale is high?

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Ellilea said:

No it is a permanent trait, like mole hands etc. that allows the sparkles to happen, they all have 1 of the 4 new traits.

1 hour ago, tr5 said:

Thanks Bud, has been annoying me for 8 hours until I put 2 and 2 together and made  6 :D 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Just a heads up this is fixed in the next patch which should be going out soon.
Thanks for the logs and the saves.

• Like 2

Share this comment