Game crashes during loading

scaldinghotcarl
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

image.thumb.png.084bc83667dbcc2cd271a1e48c843f82.png

Went from a positive amount of seconds before crashing once the game loaded to a negative amount. Here is what the screen is showing.

The Delicate Galaxy.sav

output_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Load game

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have the same error. I just want to say: Man, Jesus Christ... A savefile with 87MB? What have you done?  I have a lategame base with 1600 Cycles, but the save game is just 18MB big. If the game is working again, I will view your colony. :D I'm curious. Have a nice day.

@k_nicole

Does it mean you will not fix it? Because this error occurs after the latest Patch! Before, all was fine. It would be sad if my 1600 base were lost. :(

Edited by DustFireSky

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, k_nicole said:

Changed Status to Fixed

This should be fixed in the next hotfix. Thanks for the report.

This is most definitely NOT fixed. I'm running 353781 and I still have this error.

image.thumb.png.ccae40df4ad5f5d305f2f2feae39d09a.png

16 hours ago, TheGCat said:

I have the same error. I just want to say: Man, Jesus Christ... A savefile with 87MB? What have you done?  I have a lategame base with 1600 Cycles, but the save game is just 18MB big. If the game is working again, I will view your colony. :D I'm curious. Have a nice day.

@k_nicole

Does it mean you will not fix it? Because this error occurs after the latest Patch! Before, all was fine. It would be sad if my 1600 base were lost. :(

Why not? It's a helluva a colony. Check it out because I've done just about everything you ever could and it's automated, and just another way to look at things.

Share this comment

@scaldinghotcarl Sorry to be clear this will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix, probably on Monday. The crash will still occur in 353781.

To prevent the crash in bases over the weekend only build monuments in rooms smaller than 500 cells.

Sorry for the confusion. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, k_nicole said:

@scaldinghotcarl Sorry to be clear this will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix, probably on Monday. The crash will still occur in 353781.

To prevent the crash in bases over the weekend only build monuments in rooms smaller than 500 cells.

Sorry for the confusion. 

How does that even happen? Why would a monument have anything to do with a room size?

Edited by scaldinghotcarl

Share this comment

On 7/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

The fix for this just went out. Thanks for your patience!

I just saw the patch notes page. It's loading still...
At 87MB it usually takes a couple minutes.

Got it. No crashes since the update yesterday.

Edited by scaldinghotcarl
update

Share this comment