Game crash: [ERROR] Requesting an invalid FetchOrder2 amount

Karagoth
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Version: Q2-307409

Get a consistent crash, seems to be something related to fetchOrder based on crash output. Attached save file, just leave it alone and it will crash within 10 seconds.

Paradise Cycle 465.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load attached save file Wait

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thankfully it does not seem to be that frequent, I loaded an earlier save and 200 cycles later have not run into it again. But the attached save is really consistent which matter when fixing bugs, so may be good for confirming a fix if nothing else.

Share this comment

I seem to have found the source of this CTD:

It happens when you deactivate or deconstruct or otherwise obstruct the tube network.

Seems that the multithreated pathfinding dosn't like when the path through a tube is removed.

I was able to "solve" it be locking down all but one dupe and then deconstruct the tube network.

Share this comment

I am also effected by this bug about 15 seconds after loading my save. (version Q2-307409)

5 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

I was able to "solve" it be locking down all but one dupe and then deconstruct the tube network.

My tube network has been working for the past ~5 cycles without problems. I wonder if there is something more specific I can do to fix it without deconstructing all of it. :(

While trying to disable the entry points to the tube network I got another kind of crash.
"Failed assertion" instead of "Requesting an invalid FetchOrder2 amount"
"Grid:ReserveTubeEntrance(Int32, Int32, Boolean) (at C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Linux\game\Assets\scripts\game\Grid.cs:323)" looks like where the assertion failure happened. (see log attached)
Maybe this should be in its own bug report.

Update: Other dupes must have already been pathfinding through that entry point when I disabled it. No crash happened when I locked all the dupes accept one in there rooms (as @FenrirZeroZero suggested), and had one dupe disable the entry points.

I will let dust collect on my tube network and use plastic ladders while I wait for a fix. :)

Update2: About half a cycle later and I am getting the same crash "Requesting an invalid FetchOrder2 amount". But how? All my tube access points are deconstructed (when they where disabled sometimes a dupe would still use them, another bug I think). It must be something else that is still causing it.

Player.log

Edited by xcube

Share this comment

@xcube It seems that sweepers and automatic doors can have the same issue if the dupe is trying to collect something.

I think the problem lies by the multi threating of the pathing. 

If the target or the path gets "voided" be something (tube network, closed door etc) it will currently crash (sometimes?). 

Share this comment

I did not see a fix in the changelog, but I just got an update (version Q2-308684) that seems to have fixed it. :D

Share this comment