Game Claims VC++ Not Installed When it is

Shirelin
  • Pending

I loaded up the game and go to start a new game, but it presents me with a screen saying that VC++ 2015 x64 isn't installed, though I have double and triple checked that it is installed properly. I had to deal with this with another program so know its working correctly. I've even tried repairing it and restarting my computer to no avail. I am using Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Edit: At this point I have repaired both the x86 version and x64 version of VC++, uninstalled and reinstalled both versions, and updated the game to the current Thermal Update and it still gives me the error.

Steps to Reproduce
Boot up game, click start game, get screen claiming VC++ is not included

User Feedback

I double checked that and hit repair on both versions I have installed. Thing is, the game specified x64 version as being uninstalled.

Share this comment

Could be someone forgetting to add "and/or x32" so can't assume it needs only x64 since in the steam dir it has both x32 and x64. Also I remembered somewhere where someone needed to install all windows updates. Did you at least tried uninstalling every version of 2015 and reinstalling?

Share this comment

for me uninstalling every older VC++ and both 2015 ones, then reinstalling 2015 ones fixed the VC++ problem in another game.

Share this comment