freezing game on start of new world

hellsfury_engifam
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

in the thermal upgrade update my game when making a new world the dupes appear purple and have 0 animations in dupe selection screen and when the game load it is all black and the current development build is displayed at top of screen and after i alt tab and reload saved world i can click all the items on the ui like the dig button and all that but i can not use them to interact with the game and the dupes portal and dupes are invisible at spawn and i can unfreeze time but nothing really changes except the cycle changing

here is a few screen shots i have taken while trying to get it working 

people feel free to do as i have done fill this forum with all the bug picks and output_logs you can 

i also added a pic of my epic base from before the update made it so i can't play :(

20170328150029_1.jpg

20170401184902_1.jpg

20170330101217_1.jpg

20170401184837_1.jpg

20170330101217_2.jpg

20170401184821_1.jpg

20170330101215_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
just start new world and its that easy

User Feedback

I have the same issue as OP. The pictures exactly match what is happening to me. My drivers are the latest from nvidia.

In the output_log I notice there is an exception for my CPU:

JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: ,. Path 'CPU', line 1, position 288.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Object:INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_InstantiateSingle(Object, Vector3&, Quaternion&)

My CPU is an Intel core i7 975.

Looking at hellsfury_engifam's log he has the same cpu error as I do?

Attached is my output_log and a picture of my cpus in device manager.

output_log.txt

Capture.PNG

Edited by Dolbyac3

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Dolbyac3 said:

I have the same issue as OP. The pictures exactly match what is happening to me. My drivers are the latest from nvidia.

In the output_log I notice there is an exception for my CPU:

JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: ,. Path 'CPU', line 1, position 288.
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Object:INTERNAL_CALL_Internal_InstantiateSingle(Object, Vector3&, Quaternion&)

My CPU is an Intel core i7 975.

Looking at hellsfury_engifam's log he has the same cpu error as I do?

Attached is my output_log and a picture of my cpus in device manager.

output_log.txt

Capture.PNG

Your errors are exactly the same as this guy, hop over there instead. Still no response from the dev tho.

Edited by AlexRou
  • Like 1

Share this comment

@hellsfury_engifam

So I looked at your logs again and I found something we can work on. 

File [C:\Users\Lenore Valentine 26\Documents\Klei/OxygenNotIncluded\WorldGenSimSave.dat] not found

This always means you need to run steam as admin and/or your antivirus is blocking the game. Once we get rid of that message and if there are still problems then we can go from there.

Share this comment

I've got the same problem. ONI worked just fine on both Thermal Update preview branch and released one. Suddenly today it stopped working for me. It looks exactly like you have described. 

I have tried: 

• updating to newest driver version
  • changing graphical/control settings
  • reinstalling the game
  • deleting ONI node in regedit
  • deleting ONI folder in my documents
  • tried to restart Steam with "Run as administrator"

Nothing helped. My dxdiag, screenshots and output.log attached.20170408042029_1.jpg

20170408042010_1.jpg

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by Dart Ashotius

Share this comment

ok i loaded steam as admin but nothing changed ingame main menu was still frozen and same results as normal then i tried just turning off my antivirus software (risky but not bothered by it not downloading anything) and still nothing :(

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, hellsfury_engifam said:

ok i loaded steam as admin but nothing changed ingame main menu was still frozen and same results as normal then i tried just turning off my antivirus software (risky but not bothered by it not downloading anything) and still nothing :(

Check your logs for 

File [C:\Users\Lenore Valentine 26\Documents\Klei/OxygenNotIncluded\WorldGenSimSave.dat] not found

If its not there then upload it.

Share this comment