Food quantity - crazy numbers?

AuntieBea
  • Pending

I may not be reading it right, but I can often (but not always) have food numbers in the drop down on the upper right (the overlay menu, with just the words), that don't add up.  I'm sorry I have no way to get a screen capture, but basically, it may (correctly) say I have

20,000 total
15,000 rations
5,000 muckfruit

so I started watching the total, to know when food was low, but then I got a "running low on food" message when the total still showed quite a bit.
That's why I had to keep that item open, so I could see, and I started noticing stuff like

25,000 total
5,000 rations
17,000 woodlice
8,000 muckfruit

or even with the contents being much lower than the total. 
I could be reading it wrong, but if the items under the total are supposed to add up to the total, then I'm confused.

Auntie Bea

Steps to Reproduce
I just kept the food tab in the overlay menu in the upper right corner open all the time and kept glancing at it, at least once per cycle, to make sure I had food still stocked. Sometimes it came up with wonky numbers.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

That's correct. I'm assuming that's metric and that you didn't change it from the options. Anyway I usually get around the same amounts, except where your commas are I think there should be '.'.

Share this comment

Commas or not (you non-american, you!  LOL), if it doesn't add up, it doesn't add up, regardless. 
Unless metric changed to base 12 or something - they still should total up correctly.

I'll keep an eye and have real numbers if it keeps showing up.  Though I still don't have any way to screen capture that i know of.

Share this comment

The right side overlay have a problem with the field rations. Even when you ate all of it it can sometimes show that you have it.

On the top left it shows the correct amount of food.

Share this comment

Here's some of the wild numbers I've had today:

Edible    2k
Field Ration  13k
Muck Root  1k
Meal Lice  0
Mush Bar  2k
[even ignoring the field rations, 1+2 does not equal 2]

Edible  29k
Field Ration 13k
Muck Root 0
Meal Lice 4k
Mush Bar 24k
Lice Loaf 28k
[Again not sure how 4+24+28 add up to 29?]

Edible 64k
Field Ration  13k
Muck Root  5k
Meal Lice  12k
Mush Bar  46k
Lice Loaf 28k
[28+46 alone is greater than 64 = WTF?]

It doesn't even work if you try and see if Meal Lice might be a part of lice bars.  I like math, and math is not working here.

Share this comment