Food item priority.

Profitz
  • Pending

Duplicants eat cooking ingredients while finished meals available in the same storage. In addition, it would be great if they eat items with shortest time before spoil first.

Ceterum censeo bugs involving loss of resources mass like pumps, plumbing, water going downhill by steps, airlock doors in a row and so on should be attended with priority as affecting fundamental aspects of the game.

Steps to Reproduce
Self-explanatory
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I also have this problem.

Also Im a little confused as to how to get rid of spoilt food.

Any advice would be apprecited.

Share this comment

Hmm, when you've got cooking ingredients and cooked food products in the same container, they should be eating the cooked food first. Are you seeing this happen with Ration Boxes and Fridges? Or with other containers?

Share this comment

Having the same issue. Refrigerator has meal lice and liceloaf in it but the duplicates only take meal lice to eat. They never take the liceloaf. I would assume 2 fridges, one set for loaf and one set for lice, with different priorities, would solve this. Just don't want to waste the power on 2 fridges. 

Share this comment

On 3/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, Wade said:

Hmm, when you've got cooking ingredients and cooked food products in the same container, they should be eating the cooked food first. Are you seeing this happen with Ration Boxes and Fridges? Or with other containers?

Sadly, it didn’t work as supposed. I have this problem with both Ration Boxes and Fridges. I don’t know about any other containers eligible for food. I didn’t see duplicants eating ingredients which already stored inside cooking stations, If that’s what you mean.

13 hours ago, Buzzkil88 said:

I would assume 2 fridges, one set for loaf and one set for lice, with different priorities, would solve this. Just don't want to waste the power on 2 fridges. 

It looks like that priority only affect witch container will be used for storage, but not affect which one will be used to take food from. So only workaround I find is to put your fridges in dead-end and use closest to entrance fridge for the end meals and next one for ingredients. But at this point I stop wasting water on food preparation and feed my dupes with raw meal lice so I don’t play a lot with this setup.

Share this comment

Since meal lice takes up 10kg space as 1000Kcal while mealoaf use 1kg for the same amount i think its better that they eat meal lice to free up space. (also as i saw meal lice rot a lot faster than mealoaf.)

As far as i know they pick food from the closest storage. (if they have table they will check the closest food for that spot)

Food making mostly worth around 40 duplicant when you are saturating all available mealwood seed but didnt started to set up the more fragile Blossom weed farm yet.

Share this comment