Fishy, no! Where oh where has my fish gone?

Lt.Warhound
  • Pending

Ran into my first puft, while working over a large contaminated air/water reserve.  Since it wasn't hostile, seemed actually friendly, I basically ignored it.  I was a little concerned when it flew up to the airlock and opened it but after a bit it flew back to the contaminated reserve and started converting slime.

Cool.  Useful and a personality I could live with.  A few minutes later I saved the game ... and the puft was never seen again.  When I got back into the game, the puft was gone.

Haven't tried this again (should have thought to test by reloading an older save, but oh well).

Steps to Reproduce
Have a puft in the area, save game, leave game, load game, fish is gone.

User Feedback

Was the puft overheating or chilled? I've seen the mobs die if they go too far out of their comfort zone.

Share this comment

It seemed to be fine, not exhibiting any signs of trouble.  It was just flying(swimming?) along, eating slime and dropping small balls.  First and only time I've seen one, so I'm not sure what is normal for it.

Hatch, those seem annoying, had a different game with two.  They seemed hostile, so I pit-trapped them, narrowed it down to a 3x tall and 1x wide area, then ran water into the pit til it drowned.

Share this comment

Poor Puft suck in air so it creates vacuum on its tile, and if the room pressure is low enough for the vacuum to persist for a little more time then its cool down the Puft to lethal temperature :(

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Lt.Warhound said:

Hatch, those seem annoying, had a different game with two.  They seemed hostile, so I pit-trapped them, narrowed it down to a 3x tall and 1x wide area, then ran water into the pit til it drowned.

And if you dropped him resources instead of drowning, he would make you coal and muckroot :)

Share this comment