Fertilizer doubling mass when it turns into dirt at 125C

biopon
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When fertilizer and slime turn into dirt at high (250C+) temperatures, they tend to not retain their original mass but double it instead.

The Antigravity Sewer 4.sav

Steps to Reproduce
- CTRL+F4 then mine all the boxed-in 100kg fertilizer blocks that I've placed to produce 50kg fertilizer chunks. - Unpause - ALT+Z then wait - The first row should (150C hydrogen) should produce the expected result of 50kg dirt tiles. - The 2nd row (250C hydrogen) is somewhat inconsistent, you may observe mass doubling here with the occasional 100kg dirt tile. - The 3rd row (150C hydrogen with the fertilizer moved into storage by the sweepers) should produce the expected result of 50kg dirt tiles. - The 4th row (250C hydrogen, fertilizer in storage) will almost always exhibit mass doubling and 100kg dirt tiles.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Not just fertilizer.  Ice doubles in mass when dropped in a 275-300C bath of crude oil or petroleum. This provides an infinite loop of doubling resources.

5c7f3abbf20c3_Screenshotfrom2019-03-0520-10-41.png.d2472aec218f6d4c919fefe82899af85.png

A few moments later, we have 1000kg of steam

5c7f3ac0cf74a_Screenshotfrom2019-03-0520-11-11.thumb.png.a6ef0d50f3e212ff0f2f8bba62f3ac87.png

Works also when -1.1C water is dropped into 8C water, allowing infinite water creation with ease. For more discussion and comments, see the following forum post and surrounding comments. 

Share this comment

I created another bug report, that spells out that this issue can occur with liquids, and allows liquid duplication.

Share this comment