Exosuit engineer not required to operate

psusi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Mind I still have not upgraded to RU, but I built some exosuit docks and a checkpoint and only assigned two duples the job of exosuit engineer, and another dupe who has not been assigned the job ( and none of my dupes of mastered it yet ) are jumping in the exosuits and going deeper down into the oil biome.

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

Exosuits can be used by anydupe. Exosuit Engineer only allows Dupes to ignore the penalties of the suits. This is not a bug.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Pyrrus said:

Exosuits can be used by anydupe. Exosuit Engineer only allows Dupes to ignore the penalties of the suits. This is not a bug.

Every dupe (beside the ones with the no-build-trait) can build things. You dont have to give them architect. 

Ever dupe (beside the ones with no-cook-trait) can cook.

The list goes on and on.

If something requires a certain profession, the game tells you. Exosuits do not.

But there is a very simple solution for your problem.

Get rid of the checkpoint (its useless for your task), and just build a door. Does not matter what kind of door. Klick it, and forbid passing for everyone, but the 2 you want to. Problem solved. (funfact: If its the exit of your base, make all the dupes forbidden to exit, but allow to enter. At some point, some dupe may exit the base at a differen location. That way, he can probably come back in)

Share this comment

Wait, so training the skill and spending all of the qol upgrades is just to make them move faster in it?  Wow.  I wonder why I never noticed this in my last world before EU.

13 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Get rid of the checkpoint (its useless for your task), and just build a door.

I meant the checkpoint that makes them put on the exosuit.

Share this comment